Chapter 2

First day of school went by like a breeze. Everyone, as usual, greeted three of us with a warm smile. It was already dismissal and I was dreading for this time because I'm going to go home with a certain Adrian.

Actually I haven't tried to look for whoever he is yet, I'm too scared to. But now I really need to do it.

"You can do it, Courtney! You can do anything." I murmured to myself.

I looked for Kendall, one of my friends, who would absolutely knows who Adrian is.

Luckily I found her in her locker. As I was going near her, I noticed that she was talking with the grumpy dude awhile ago. And by the look on his face, he was getting annoyed by her.

"Hey Kendall, can I steal 'ya for a minute?" I asked her with a smile.

"You can steal me for hours, friend." she said as the grumpy guy made his escape.

"Ok but I only need to ask ya something." I just got really weirded out by her answer.

"What's up?" she asked with her hands on her hips.

"Do you know if one of the new student's name is Adrian? I have to ride home with him." I asked her.

"Of course! Being the principal's helper with files, I know. Just wait here, I'll get you a picture of him." she said while heading of to the principal's office.

While I was waiting for her, I was thinking of who that guy really is. I was so nervous cause I want it to be him and at the same time, I don't but I'd rather that it would not be him cause he's creepy like legit creepy.

"Courtney Taylor!!" Kendall screamed as she shook me rapidly.

"Oh what?! I like Pizza!!" I said as I snapped out of my thoughts.

"What are you saying? Anyways I thought that you fell into a coma with your eyes open."

That's the problem with Kendall, she talks way too much. And when I say way too much, I mean she never gets tired of talking.

"So the picture?" I asked.

"Oh yes but in warning ya that you might not be so happy about it."

I got the picture and sad to say, God did not answer my prayers. "Bless my soul dear Lord. Why? Why does it have to be him?"

"I told you that you would be upset." she said with a smirk.

"How did you know that I will feel upset?" I asked with curiosity.

"Cause the whole school knows about your *ahem* confrontation. Duh. Bye!" she said while skipping away to catch her friend.

I ran everywhere just to find him but I just couldn't. I went to the library, parking lot, classrooms. Nope. Zero. No Adrian.

Then I got so desperate that I searched for the places that he won't go. Luckily after a while I found him in the canteen. Like who goes to the canteen and stays there like an idiot when the canteen in freakin closed.

I went nearer so I could see the person clearly and it turns out that it wasn't him. Ugh! Why is this guy torturing me!

I decided to be smart and stay in the parking lot and I waited for him there.

Finally he showed up. I was just so desperate to go home so I ran towards him. I tried to keep my cool for the sake of first impressions.

"Hi! My mom told me that I have to hitch a ride with you. Once again, I'm Courtney." I said with the widest smile that I could muster.

"Ok. I'm Adrian so I'm supposed to bring you home, huh." he said.

I thought that he wasn't really that bad maybe he just didn't like big crowds or something cause what he said now was not as harsh as anything awhile ago.

Well, until he said, "Wait let me rephrase that. My mom forced me to bring you home." he said putting emphasis on 'forced.'

"And besides who even uses the word 'hitch'? You're so old school." He said without any emotions.

I felt my blood boiling but I tried to just smile at his statement but my eyes were twitching while I pretended to smile because I'm really losing my patience over this guy.

He pointed to a red Ferrari that I assumed was his car.

I opened the passenger's seat but before I could sit down he stopped me.

"Your supposed to sit in the back seat, the passenger's seat is for my bag, which is obviously more important than you."

"Ugh fine." I said getting pissed at this weirdo who thinks that a bag full of school books is more important than a person.

After I sat down and placing my bag beside me, he drove out of school.

Despite his emo attitude, he drove really fast. He kept on overtaking cars.

I am not a fan of fast drivers cause I would rather play it safe than get into an accident.

"Slow down!" I screamed at him while hugging my bag to my chest.

"What's the matter, grandma? Is this too fast for you?", he teased as he made the car go even faster.

Holy macaronis this guy is really trying to kill me.

"Please just make the car go slower." I begged, hoping that he would stop being so mean.

"Only if you say that I'm awesome and your an old school and stinky grandma." He said while smirking.

"No way, Jose!"

"Fine then." He said as he continued the very fast driving.

I felt like crying any second now. I had a choice to cry in front of this guy or say that line. It was a very hard decision indeed.

"Ok, Adrian is awesome and I'm an old school and stinky grandma." I said softly.

"I can't hear you." He said even though I know that he did.

I just repeated it louder this time so he would really slow down. Good thing is that he was true to his word and slowed down.

I said a soft, "thank you."

After that the whole ride was silent.

Author's Note
Hey guys! So I hope that you still are enjoying the story and please vote and comment on this story. Thanks everyone!! Luv ya!!