PROLOGUE

This story is my first work so it might be flawed.
Also it contains harsh language at some points.
This story is unedited.
_____________________________________________________
I know this was going to happen. I wish I wasn't such a disappointment, that I was enough but alas the truth was truth and it was harsh.
The time had come for all of us to finally pay the price for all the sins that we had committed. No force on earth could stop the havoc and chaos that was going to reign over our world.

3 months earlier
I wait in my office  for Martha to arrive.I look around  for some distraction to take my mind off the feeling of impending doom.The extravagant décor of the office is too much for my taste,but alas we must all wear a mask of opulence.
I hear hurried footsteps outside in the foyer and try to gather my strength for what is to come.I hear a timid knock on the door."Come in."I say as the door opens to reveal a tall,slim brunette with intelligent grey eyes. Martha Gray is possibly the only person who knows the real me.She is my PA and the closest thing I have to a best friend.And currently she is holding the piece of paper which will decide the fate of the monarchy.
I hold out my hand in silent request.She walks slightly unsteadily and hands over the papers with shaky hands.Taking a deep breath I unfold the papers and read through them.I re read them again and again until the words are permanently etched behind my eyelids.
My worst nightmare has come to life.They say that sometimes even the best has to be completely destroyed to create something better.I have never felt it to be more true.The world was going to be turned upside down for the better or the worse.The papers slip from my hands and land on the carpeted floor and the next thing I know is that I am lying beside them.