Chapter 4: The Way You Look Tonight

Everyone is looking at me, waiting for my response. I look at Esme, such beauty for just one person. This wonderful, beautiful woman will be my bride. She will be with me for the rest of my life. As I keep thinking these thoughts that only bring me joy, I turn to the priest and say “I do.” I think he says you may kiss the bride, but I had already locked lips with my beautiful wife. My Wife. I like the sound of that. Our families and friends clap as we walk down the aisle, hand in hand as husband and wife. A title that I will constantly use, I really don’t think I will ever get tired of hearing it. We head to the reception. I lose my wife for a few seconds until I hear a voice behind me say,

“Please be mine.”

Before I say my answer, I turn around and kiss my bride, knowing her voice well. I look into her eyes with happiness, holding her at the waist of her beautiful dress, a dress she will only get to wear once. She puts her hands around my neck; I dip my head, so that my lips are inches away from her ears.

“If you will have me; I will always be yours.” I whisper as we sway to the music playing in the background. Our song finishes and we are interrupted by my father who asks for a dance with Esme. I reluctantly let her go and dance with my mother.

"I've never seen you this happy before." She says, almost about to cry.

"That's because this is the greatest day of my life mom. I love her." I say, wiping a few tears off my mothers cheeks.

"And she loves you." She says as she gives me a hug. "I want you to know that I love you. You'll always be my little boy and now I have a daughter." She smiles at me just as the song ends. I take this opportunity to look for my wife. I love saying that. I find my father and her on a second round and over hear what they are saying.

"My son is in love with you, ya know?" My dad asks.

"I hope he is, because I'm in love with him." She says smiling at my father.

"I love you," I whisper into Esme's ear, just as they are about to finish. I shake my fathers hand and wish him well. As I return to my wife, she smiles shyly.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask, wondering what she can be thinking about.

"You." She says indefinitely, "And me. Us." I hug her and slowly pull away to look into her beautiful eyes.  "I love you" She whispers.

"And I love you" I say as I pull her in closer for a kiss. The music begins again and we start to sway to The Way You Look Tonight by Michael Buble, one of our many songs. We dance slowly, and I twirl her around as I sing the lyrics to her.

"You're lovely, with your smile so warm. And your cheeks so soft, There is nothing for me but to love you, and the way you look tonight."

As she smiles, I continue.

"Yes you're lovely, never, ever change. Keep that breathless charm. Won't you please arrange it? 'Cause I love you, just the way you look tonight."

As we dance, I think about the years ahead, I realize how excited I am about them because I know that with my wife at my side, it will be some fantastic years indeed.