Chapter 2

Few days later ....
I was at the table and Jenny was making breakfast . I was drinking hot coffee , as it's sweet taste touching my lips . My phone rings as I see it's from Christine . I pick it up
"Hey , Christine , how's your.....? " before I could finish , she says in a hurry as if this is the last call.
"I have to show you  something very important and it's private come to my house now " "But...Christine" but she cuts me off .  "No buts.... Come now" . She cuts the phone.

"Jenny could you drop me at Christine's house " . She nods as she knows why , because it'll be only to discuss about my mom . We ate our breakfast quickly and head out.

As I stand at Christine's door , I see a shadow behind me , I turn and see no one . Again the same figure , this time before I could turn , She opens the door . I get in .
Christine was an amazing lady , her golden hair shining in the sunlight & her green cat eyes . Her face had a serious look now . " There are some documents your mom hid and I guess those could help us with your mom's case " . Documents ! Why would she hide them , she was a free lady and the only documents she could have would be about our house and her office work right! . "Um.... Okay" . Christine throws a paper right on the table in front of me . My eyes widen as I read the paper , My mom worked with the drug company , like no way , she's too innocent for that . " It can't be , she would never " . Christine gives me a sharp look . "Then what's this ?"  It's an application form , it said clearly that she joined . " Was she sad or something because that's when a person takes drugs and your mom did.." Christine asks.

I look down and go deep into my thoughts . How could my mom do that ? . Why? . My head filled with so many questions that it hurts . Jenny just snapped me out . "You okay? You don't look like " . "No it's just the paper.." . Christine comes near , "you must check your mom's desk Today " Stressing on the word today so badly .