Chapter 5

Yesterday was weird . Marcus is nice , i suppose . 'Don't judge on your first impressions' , my mom used to say . Mom , I still feel her presence in the hallways , the time she used to stroke strands of my silky blond hair . As i head down , i see Christine . By the look of her face , i couldn't make it out , but it was a expression with grief , sadness , seriousness and curiosity . "We have to talk , Lets go to your room" . "Like now?" . She nods . Christine closes the door of my room . "See , you know ... how can I say this" . She stammers , i look at her and give a soft smile then she smiles back with her white teeth shining . " See your mom had an affair with this guy named Marcus , who is a criminal but in her letters your mom considers Marcus as person with a heart pure as an angel"

I clench my fists , my mom . in love . with a criminal . Not possible , i collapse onto the floor and i look down . I knew it  , Marcus was behind me for a reason . Then Christine continues , gulping "She had a son named Luke , he died , we don't know how . We're looking onto that part " . What in the world? , i had a brother , Marcus is my step-father . Speaking to my myself , Wow Mia you've earned yourself a freaking dangerous family. My eyes filled with tears , my mouth sealed with jolt unable to even utter a letter.

"I know Mia how u feel but this is reality , i hope you accept this reality , But still your mom Lara might have done it for a reason she would never......." . I finally speak "accept this reality" I repeat with a tone filled with sadness "what do you even know about accepting reality , what if your mom had an affair with a criminal , had a child , went to a drug company , got involved with strangers and died in a murder case , huh? , you think its that easy to accept" anger crept through my voice and kept on increasing . Christine places her hand on my shoulder , she says softly "i understand" . "No you don't , you haven't experienced all this pain and shock , now leave " I say back without taking my breath . "but Mia ... you have ......." . Before she could even say it , i just yelled at her "Get out now!!!"

She lets out a sigh and leave the room . Now its just me in the room , just the silence and me . I just don't get up and let out soft cries . And then i fall asleep....