Chapter 2

Chapter 2*

Perry was standing opposite me on the stage and I gave a thumbs up to the tech guy sitting in the booth. The song "Primadonna" by Marina and the Diamonds blasted from the speakers. I walked forward and began to dance like there was no tomorrow. Perry did the same, until the last few seconds of the song. My feet took me towards the front of the stage and I planted my left foot down in preparation to turn when I saw someone, of four someones, sitting in the back row.

Instead of panicking, I used one to spot my 10 turns and landed perfectly, right as the song stopped. I looked to my left and saw Perry waving at the boys in the back. I looked back and saw the four boys walking towards us.

"Hello girls, you all did amazing on that dance." said the boy with a huge smile.

"My name is Luke," said the tall blonde boy, "that's Ashton." He pointed to the boy with the big smile. "That is Calum," Luke nudged a boy with black hair, "and this one is Michael." Luke messed up the hair of who I assume was Michael.

"Who are you girls?" Calum asked.

"I'm Amadine Davis, and that is Perry Allen. You can call me Almond though" I spoke, my eyes not leaving the boy with reverse skunk hair. He looked away from Calum and looked directly at me.

"Almond. Almond. I like that." said Michael. A smile flashed across my face and I looked up at him. Someone cleared their throat and I looked over. Perry was standing with her arms crossed, with the boys right next to her. I noticed that she was standing quite close to Ashton.

"Erm..sorry." Michael said before Perry spoke up.

"We should probably get going, we have to run our solos and the group dances," Perry said.

"Yeah, I guess. I'll see you boys around" I said with a smirk and I waved at the four boys.

Perry pulled me inside the dressing room and slammed the door shut.

"You know who that is right?"

"Michael?" I questioned, "Yes, he's the guitarist who plays stage right in the band over here. Not the band with the trumpets but an actual, like, punk rock band." I look at her, "Yeah, I know that but is it a problem?" "No, but I could tell you liked him." "And I could tell you liked Ashton."

Perry quickly dropped her glance to the floor, "It was that obvious.." I shook my head. "No, but I can tell when your nervous you cross your arms. And you crossed your arms when he stood close to you." Perry picked up her tap shoes and slipped on a crop top over her leotard. "We need to practice our tap now."

Perry and I rushed out of the dressing room, hoping the boys would still be there. Music was drifting through the halls backstage and we came to the stage. "Look!"