Chapter 6

Chapter 6*

I woke up to find my bed cold and empty. I sat up to see that I hadn't even gone inside the covers. I slowly crawled to the edge of the bed and stepped down, gaining my balance. Voices from downstairs were quietly coming through the vent. I walked outside my room and to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror. God what did you do to ever deserve Michael. I thought to myself as I walked downstairs. I peered in my kitchen to see Michael talking to my mom. She looked up and set her mug of coffee down.

"Almond, good morning sweetheart," Mom said as she hugged me. "He's a keeper," she whispered in my ear before smiling and walking away. I looked back to see Michael looking down at the counter. He looked up at me as I walked closer to him. I smiled and he pulled me into a hug, my feet rising up slightly from the ground.

"Good morning beautiful." He pressed a kiss to my lips. I smile and grabbed his hand.

"Come on! I have someone I want you to meet!" I pulled him upstairs and over to an extra room on the side of my bathroom. He followed me over to a blue cage. "Michael, meet Burrito."

A guinea pig walked towards the cage door as I opened it and began to pet her.

"This is Burrito, my guinea pig." Michael looked at me, a serious look passing through his eyes before he began to laugh.

"She's cute, like you." I smiled and said thank you as I pulled Burrito out of her house. She made a few noises and looked towards Michael. I set her down on Michael's lap.

He grinned and scooped up Burrito in one hand.

"I have to ask, why did you name her Burrito?"

I laughed a little and said, "She looks like a Chipotle Burrito, she's a little chubby."

Michael laughed and held Burrito up to his face. She settled down and almost fell asleep when his gaze was set on her. Michael turned to me and I picked Burrito up out of his soft hands. I carefully put her back on her fluffy bedding and let her relax. After shutting the door, I turned to Michael.

"Now what?"

AN~ Sorry guys, this is kind of a filler but I have hugeeeee stuff in the next chapter. Sorry for making this kind of specific, I'm writing as if it's me. Michael is in high school now, 5sos haven't made it huge yet. His hair is the way it is now andddd yup.