Chapter 3

Chapter 3*

Perry pointed her finger at the stage where the four boys were playing music. I nodded my head to the music and we waited for them to finish. The minute the music stopped, I walked out on stage, my taps clicking against the floor, clapping for them.

"I'm not gonna lie" I said, "that was really inpressive"

Luke beamed at me and Michael looked down at the floor. "I'm gonna get packing my drum kit, could you two help me?" Ashton said as he gestured to Luke and Calum. They nodded in agreement and followed Ashton out of the room. I clicked over to Michael who was still looking at the ground. He barely glanced up to acknowledge the fact that I was standing in front of him. I put a finger under his chin and brought his head up so I could see his face.

"Don't be shy, I really thought your music was incredible. I really did." I dropped my finger down and he smiled at me. "I'm really sorry..I'm just a little bit out of things today I guess." "Don't worry about it, but I've gotta practice my tap number. Perry and I are competing in less than a month" He understood and walked out as well. Or so I thought.

Footloose began to play and my feet began to tap to the rhythm. I smiled as the chorus began to play and I tapped around the circle. I couldn't help but start to laugh and be filled with pure joy. Dance was really my passion. The music wound down and Perry looked over at me, "Ready Almond?" This was the part in our dance where I had to do a round off back handspring in tap shoes as Perry did a quad. This was the most nervewracking part because my shoes can slip sometimes. I took a breath and ran as my hands hit the floor and my feet followed. A sigh of relief escaped my lips as my vision turned around and the music stopped. I dropped to ground and kicked off my shoes.

"Let's call it a day. I'm tired and it's the day before the talent show." I grabbed my taps and looked up to see Michael Clifford standing over me.

"Hi Michael," I stuttered. He held his hand out for me and I took it. With little effort, he pulled me right up to my feet.

"Hi Almond. I was wondering-" I turned around to see if Perry was standing there, but it was obvious to me that she left in pursuit of Ashton. I looked back at Michael, "Sorry, what were you saying?" "I was just wondering if you wanted to see Catching Fire with me tonight. I was going to go with Ashton but something tells me he has other plans."

"I'd love to, Michael. What time should I be ready?" "Now, we could- if it's ok with you- go straight to the movie." I nodded and looked down to realize that he was still holding my hand. "Sorry," Michael blushed and dropped his hand. "Don't be." I said as I turned around and walked back to the dressing room to get ready.