CHAPTER SIXTEEN

(small a/n: hi maybe if you want for added effect, play the song see you again by wiz khalifa and Charlie puth!! BUT start reading when they actually start singing ok bye go read!!)

Marks jaw dropped. He couldn't believe what Arizona told the two.

"She's what?" Meredith and Mark said in unison.

"She's gone, Lexie passed away," Arizona said in a firm voice. Shortly after, she pressed her lips into a thin line. She wasn't close to Lexie, but her death still impacted her. The memory suddenly came flooding back.
-
"Get the defibrillators!" Alex yelled.

"Charging..360..clear!" Arizona yelled as she placed the paddles on Lexie's chest and left of her rib cage.

"Again!" He yelled.

"Charging..500..clear!" Arizona yelled again.

Alex shook his head.

"Time of death, 13:09,"
-

Mark couldn't believe it. He couldn't believe that Lexie was gone. But still, he waited. Mark waited for the words that would come out of Arizona's mouth. He hoped she would say the word. He hoped she would let out a laugh and say Gotcha! even though it was a sick joke. He's rather it be a sick joke than her being dead at all.

"H-how.. what happened?" Meredith asked through her tears. She was now carrying Alaska, who was now sleeping. Meredith realized some of her tears fell onto Alaska's small onesie, and one fell on her small,chubby cheek. She took her thumb and gently wiped the tear away, making sure to not hurt Alaska somehow.

"She just--" Arizona began. She stopped, trying to think of a way to explain what happened, sparing the details.

"She stopped breathing. We tried everything, but we couldn't revive her. We were able to save the baby, but uh, not.. her." Arizona finished.

It wasn't a sick joke. Lexie was really gone.

"It's all my fault," Mark said, burying his head into his hands.

Meredith sniffled and shook her head no. "It's not your fault. It's no ones fault," Meredith said, turning her head towards Mark. She would've given Mark a hug if she wasn't cradling Alaska in her arms. "Dr. Robbins, can you please take Alaska?" Meredith asked, standing up from the blue chair.

Arizona nodded and took Alaska from Meredith's arm.

"It is my fault. If I didn't cheat, we wouldn't have had that fight. That fight probably caused the universe to shift and it caused her to die and it's all my fault," He took his face out of his hands, revealing his bright red face.

Meredith shook her head no once again. She scooted her chair closer to his and gave him a hug.
-
There was a loud knock on the door. Mark opened the door to see Lexie standing there, smiling widely. He held a small video  camera in his hands, and pointed it at Lexie.

"Stop it!" Lexie said, covering her face from the camera.

"Make me." Mark said, laughing.

"Oh, I'll make you." Lexie said, giving Mark a kiss on the cheek as she walked into the apartment.

"I brought Chinese." Lexie said, holding up a brown paper bag.

"I'm starving." Mark replied, taking the bag and getting out his meal.

The two sat down on the gray sofa and ate, smiling and talking as they did so.
-
Mark smiled as he watched the girls squirm in the plastic bassinets.

"You look just like your mom," Mark said to Alaska. He could tell the two apart easily. He knew how to tell them apart because Alaska had small peach-fuzz hair that poked through the pink cap she wore, and Cassandra was bald.

"I love you bubba," Mark said,smiling.

"I love you bubba!" Lexie said and placed a peck on Mark's cheek. She smiled afterwards, showing her pearly white teeth.

"What's a bubba?" Mark asked and chuckled.

Lexie shrugged. "Mama used to say it to me, I think it's pretty cute," She giggled.

Alaska smiled, showing her pink gums. She made a sound, as if she was laughing, and put her small hands together,creating a clap.
-
Before the newborns went to sleep, Mark said his goodbyes to the girls and walked home.

Mark shivered as he walked in the brisk air. As he walked, he saw many places that reminded him of Lexie.
-
VIDEORAMA!

Mark walked down the aisles filled with many blockbuster films in cd form or cassettes. They also sold vinyl records and even some record players.

"What movie should we get?" Lexie asked as she skimmed through the titles of movies that were in the shelves.

Mark shrugged. "Anything old, I love old movies," Mark said as he skimmed through movie titles too.

"How about.. Titanic?" Lexie asked as she pulled the film off the shelf.

"Sure, and what about The Outsiders, Footloose, and Grease?" Mark asked.
-
PINK ESCARGOT

"And I'll have the Escargots à la Bourguignonne," Lexie said and smiled as the waiter took down their orders.

"Okay, I'll bring your drinks in a bit," the waiter said and walked away.

"You do know what escargots are,right?" Mark asked as Lexie grabbed a fork.

"No, but they sound fancy," Lexie said with a laugh.

"They're cooked snails," Mark spoke as he watched Lexie take a sip of water.

"What?!"
-
ASTRID'S BEAUTY SUPPLY

"Did you get everything you want?" Mark said as he grew impatient.

"No, I'm looking for hair ties. Relax!" Lexie said with a sigh.

"I found them, let's go," Mark replied. He grabbed a two packs of black hair ties he found on top of a metal shelf.

"Fine,"
-
By the time Mark arrived at the apartment, tears were streaming down his cold, pale cheeks.

He walked into the bedroom and laid down on the queen sized bed.
-
Lexie handed Mark a small brown box with a red bow on the top. Mark laughed, and opened it slowly. When he finished opening it, he picked the item up. Mark was stunned.

"Lexie," he began, smiling. "I'm gonna be a dad."
"Yeah. A good one, too." Lexie said.

HI!!!! sorry about those other two times I posted this by accident, yikes! this is the actual-actual chapter, hope u enjoyed beautiful people (-:
- nya & em