6

Third Person POV

"Kizuna, Kakashi! You both have that survival training today, don't you? Hurry up and get out of bed! Breakfast is almost ready!" Mira shouts from the kitchen.

Kizuna makes her way to the table slowly and sleepily. Kakashi winds his arms around Mira from behind and puts his chin on her shoulder.

"It's too early..." the two whine simultaneously.

"Honestly. It's like I'm raising two children." Mira huffs.

"Awe, c'mon... don't be like that.." Kakashi whines again.

"Hmph."

He sighs. "Okay, okay. Here, let me help you." He offers. He grabs a couple of plates and sets them in their places on the table. As he sits down, he remembers something.

I told the rest of the team not to eat... but.. if Kizuna doesn't eat... He glances at Mira and starts sweating.

"What's wrong, Shi-kun?" Mira asks, making Kakashi jump and sweat harder.

"N-nothing... I just told the team not to eat breakfast..."

"What?! You're making those poor kids starve?! And you still want them to fight?!?" She's mad...

"Well... Yes.. but it's for a reason... and Kizuna is on my team... so she shouldn't be eating breakfast either..."

Shadows overtake the room. She's furious.

--

"Bye then! Be safe! Good luck!" Mira exclaims happily, waving at a bruised Kakashi with a sleepy Kizuna on his back.

Ah, the stuff of nightmares, that woman. With her kekkei genkai mastered, she really can generate real-life nightmares. Kakashi sighs inwardly.

Heading in the direction of the KIA stone, he pulls out his book and starts reading.

--

"Yo. Sorry we're late, a black cat crossed our path, so we had to take the long way." Kakashi says, appearing in a puff of smoke.

"Liar!" Naruto and Sakura shout at the same time.

Kizuna's face scrunches at the noise and she chews more of her toast, dropping crumbs on Kakashi's vest.

"Hey! Why does she get to eat, but we can't?!?" Naruto shouts, pointing his finger accusingly at Kizuna who lifts her head and rubs her eyes.

"Well... She wouldn't be eating if her mother wasn't so scary." Kakashi sighs, putting Kizuna on her feet.

"What?! How did we end up with such a pathetic sensei?!" Sakura squawks.

"Okay, follow me." Kakashi says, choosing to ignore the last comment and walking back to the area with the KIA stone where four wood posts were.

"You have until noon to get these bells from me. Anyone that doesn't get a bell is tied to a post and won't get lunch."