A Long Night

"Scott? Do you mind getting me something?" Vappy sneaked an arm on his shoulder. Scott's ears perked up, recognizing an opportunity to please her. His eyes widened, looking over his shoulder to allow her attention. Vappy knowing it was her turn to speak, she raised an arm to twiddle with the blossom by her left fin.

"D.. do you mind getting me something to drink?" She stuttered, soon feeling guilty for asking him such a thing. You know, things all cost something nowadays.

Scott was quite surprised- to hear Vappy finally asking him for something. He leaned closer, raising an eyebrow questionably. Vappy stalled for a second, mimicking his expression. Time slipped in between their paws before anyone said a word.

"Eheh.." Scott nervously laughed before adding. What kind of drink would you like?" Scott tilted his head confusingly as his body began to tremble slightly.

"Tea, peach to be exact." Vappy smiled, something Scott found irresistible.

"Alright. I'll be back around ten minutes." Scott swung the door open, making the car jolt a little as he leaned and crawled out of the car. Soon a tall yellow highlighted figure stood up and out, soon inching ways from it with every step into the small corner building. Advertisements were plastered on the windows, making it hard to determine his location after he got in.

Moments seemed to roll by slowly without Scott. To Vappy, anything without him began to seem just plain boring. Craving some form of entertainment, she turned to the night sky, dotted with stars like spilled salt. It reminded her of him too well, and she couldn't have her mind off of him. It seemed as if she could never go a moment without anything else being thought about. It was always him.

"The moon has always fascinated me." She spoke softly among her own presence. "I've never seen it as bright as it is today."

She knew not to get so into her feelings, especially when she knew for sure Scott could come around and notice her at any second. Vappy tipped her head to the sky, getting a last good look at the moon. Every time she would look at it, it would always remind her of the one she valued most. The moon made a white circle reflecting off of the Vaporeon's pupil, exaggerating the rich blue color of her eyes. Moments passed as footsteps were soon heard behind her, as she flinched back and instinctually slid into the proper sitting position, pointing her muzzle to the sky with both eyes closed, a soft smile emerged on her joyful face, as she waited Scott to approach closer. He first seemed confused, and it took him a second to realize what Vappy was doing. He leaned over her shoulder, reaching out with the beverage clenched tightly between his paws.

"Here's your drink." Scott smiled as he offered the drink to her. "Sorry if I took too long." His smile soon fell and shifted into a expression of uncertainty. He wasted no time hiding it with a pair of paws.

"Hm." Vappy thought to herself. "Scott sure does lose it quick around me." She took a quick glance at his face stuffed in his paws. "It's adorable, actually."

 Vappy quickly took the drink and returned his smile, silently thanking him for his courtesy to her, but she cringed shortly after taking a sip from the cup. She was shocked upon noticing it was-

"Soda?!" Vappy growled in disbelief. Scott jolted up before looking down at Vappy again. Not knowing what to say to her. He didn't want to yell or scare her, but he needed a quick response. Fast. If not, the conversation could become very awkward.

Instead, he let out a sigh, deciding it was time to speak. She couldn't stay and wait there confused. Still trembling, he places one paw on the door, leaning forward onto the car. Clearing his throat, he stared at the drink, reaching out with his arm.

"Excuse me, Vappy- that was my drink.." Scott once more stuffed his paws on his face, behind his paws hiding a face of embarrassment. His face was flushed pink as Vappy stared at him, expression surprised as she took the straw out of the cover, and extended her arm to lend the boy his drink. Still pondering he wanted it or not.

 "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Vappy cried, covering her forehead with her left paw in embarrassment. Her other paw still barely holding onto the drink.

 "Forgive me!"

 All Scott could do was laugh. He handled it well though, taking the drink out of Vappy's cold, trembling paw.

"It's ok! It's ok! I've brought an extra straw!" Scott reached into his pocket to come out with a straw wrapped in paper. He quickly ripped it open and stuck it inside the cup. "See? All better!" Vappy watched confusingly, but then turned her head to burst out laughing. 

"Scott, you sure will make a great comedian." Vappy looked over her shoulder back at him, seeing him blush wildly at the compliment. 

"R.. really?" Vappy watched Scott stutter, but raise his head as a sign of achievement. An achievement to be a part of Vappy's entertainment.

"Mhm. I just cannot wait to see what we will be out there.. the future.. I can sense that good is coming our way." Vappy lifted her arm, adjusting the blossom on her head, reminding herself again of the wonderful gift Scott gave her that she had nearly forgotten.

"That our relationship will be strong."