SIX

SIX.

Jesse May

August 19th, 8:30 am, London.

________________________

"Jesse, get up. This is your last warning," Andrew bellows from the door. "You can't skip school for the rest of your life. Up, up, up!" I rub my eyes, a yawn escaping my lips. I throw the blankets back, climbing down the ladder and going to the bathroom. I don't have time to take a shower, so I just brush my hair out, letting it go naturally wavy, and brush my teeth, throwing on a bit of makeup.

I leave the bathroom and kick Jonah out so I can change. I pick my favorite thin blue striped flowing dress that ends above my knees and flip flops, as well as an anklet.

I'm surprised I have time for breakfast, so I swallow down some cereal and race out the door saying good bye to every one just in time for the bus. I climb those 3 steps and I hear a boy call my name. Searching the seats I spot Harry and Niall waving a hand at me to sit by them.

I pass there offer though, and sit in the empty seat in front of a girl with platinum blonde hair. She turns around, pursing her lips before letting out a sigh.

"Kasey Fields, student representative. You are Jesse May and I don't want you sitting there," she bulges her eyes at me, blinking.

"Right. Sorry, Kasey," I mutter and switch seats to the one in front of Harry and Niall.

"How was Friday?" Harry asks.

"What? How did you know about my mums funeral?" I ask, facing him with full attention.

"We sat behind you first day, and saw your message with Sarah."

"It's Sharon, and don't talk to me," I say harshly. Shit.

"C'mon, Jesse. We didn't do anything," Harry tries. Okay, maybe they didn't. But Liam did, and their little gang scares the poop out of me now. I slump in my seat, ignoring Harry's statement. My eyes close, as I take a deep breath through my nose. The seat sinks a bit, and I open my eyes to see Louis sitting next to me.

He's turned around though, facing Niall and Harry as I move over, squishing myself up against the window. My eyes shut again, but I feel eyes on me and when I open them, Zayn and Liam are both sat in front of me. Their brown eyes are glued on me, as I push myself into my seat.

When I look out the window, I'm grateful to see the school, as I clamber over Louis and down the isle. There is a wolf whistle as I pass the 2nd row and I turn to see a boy a year or so older than me. I see those 5 boys walking down the isle as Louis slaps the back of the guys head who whistled at me. He rubs it and Liam death glares him, as we all get off the bus.

I adjust my shoulder bag, looking up at the sky. It's a pretty hot day, which is good because I had double sport today. I stare at my feet, my body bumping into something beside me and I look up to see Niall with his Ray Bans on.

"When did you dye your hair lilac?" I ask and he looks down at me, a smile pulling up his cheeks.

"So you will talk to me?" He asks as I shrug. "Thursday night." He answers, and faces the front again. We all walk up towards the school yard and take a seat under the trees. A few kids scramble away as we do, and I let out a sigh.

"Jesse, can I talk to you for a minute?" Liam asks and I nod, slowly approaching him. We walk for a bit, the boys still in sight, but I guess so they can't hear us.

Liam leans against a tree, looking at me. "Jess, I'm really sorry about the other week. I just couldn't control myself when I saw what he did to you,"