SEVEN.

Jesse May

August 19th, 1:30pm, London

My feet hit the ground as Liam grabs my hand, not leaving me behind. We bolt out of the auditorium, hearing yells of our angry teacher. Finally, we can't run anymore and jump behind some bushes. Liam and I are still holding hands, but I couldn't be bothered to move. We hear some footsteps, and Liam pulls me into his chest because I was going to be seen.

All I can hear is the thumping of his heart, as we wait for the person to leave.

"Right, get out." the voice boomed. Liam slowly moves, me going along with him as we all slide out of the bush behind the teacher. Then, when we are able to stand up, able to get away without the teacher seeing us, we make a bolt for it, down the hall, sprinting.

I look behind me to see the gym teacher walking after us, his face red.

When I turn back around, I smash into Perrie's back, and she falls to the ground, me falling on top of her, and then Liam toppling on me. "Liam..." I groan, dragging the 'm'. We stay like that until we hear the footsteps stop and Liam rolls off me, so I can get off Perrie.

I stand up, meeting eye to eye with Principal Roberts.

I swallowed hard, and he waves a fat finger at us all, and we have no choice but to follow him into his office because we knew we couldn't run anymore. That was my fault.

"For starters, Payne and Malik, you have Math class. I don't believe that math class involves kicking the ball into a goal. Hmm?" We all stand around as Mr Roberts paces up and down.

"We left." Liam said. "Teacher didn't turn up,"

"Payne, I was in that room at 6:00 this morning with Mrs Conner and she stayed in that room all day."

"Sir, she wasn't in there. Ask any other kid that-"

"Zayn," He barked. "It has come to my attention that your little group is growing larger," he looked at me. "And you seemed so...innocent before you met these guys." He sits down behind his desk.

"You didn't know her before she came-" Ed began but Mr Roberts slams his fists down on the desk and his pencil cup tips over.

"She was innocent before any of this. She could have hung out with the right people that actually are nice and not just some tattooed teenage boys going through puberty." he bellowed.

"Hey!" I say. "They're nicer than any other people at this school." I say and Perrie nods.

"You think so, Jesse? Well, when you see what those boys do, don't blame me." He swings his feet up on his desk, biting on a nail.

"She has seen, sir." Louis answers, annoyance clear in his voice. "And yet, here she sits."

"Exactly, Tomlinson. There she sits. But let us cut the crap, shall we?" His mouth curves into a smile as he leans his elbows on the table, regaining his normal position, feet on the ground. "Jesse May, as the principal of this school, I am going to put my foot down and say..."

I feel Liam's eyes on him, and he was full of rage.

"And say, you cannot hang out with these boys, and or girls." And his smile was so wide.

Liam stepped forward, about to make a grab for the principal but Zayn and Louis grab him by his arms, pulling him away. Zayn held him back, while El's hand slipped into mine.

"Malik, mind taking him out, please?" Roberts asked, his smile faded.

Then they're gone, and Roberts tells everyone else to leave, but me. I take a seat in front of him, and he called for Liam. When he walked in, his fists are clenched, his eyes never leaving the head master. Liam drags his seat out, it sounds like nails on a chalk board.