Chapter 7 [New Plans]

Chapter 7
[New Plans]

As usual, or rather, what was usual nowadays, I woke up to the sound of a ringing phone. To be specific, my bedroom phone. I didn't recall asking for a wake up call, but decided to answer the call anyway.

"Good morning madam, there's a lady at the lobby who says her name is Maddie and claims to know you, should I send her up?" the receptionist informed me.

"Uh, mooorning, yeah, send her up," I said yawning.

"Okay, I will send her up with a guard, just in case it's someone else," he explained.

With that, he wished me a good day, and disconnected the call. Seconds later, Maddie and a guard were at my door.

"Do you know her Madam?" the guard double checked.

"Yes, I do, thank you," I said as Maddie walked in and slammed the door in his face.

I was a little too stunned to say anything.

"What? It was his fault! They treated me like a stalker or something, and kept asking silly questions and even made me fill up a form!" she exclaimed furiously.

"Oh, so you aren't my stalker? Who is up in my room at 6am! Why are you here anyway?" I asked feeling a little indignant due to the lack of sleep.

"Hey, chillax, I just came up here to talk," she soothed.

"Talk?" I asked baffled as to why she couldn't just call me.

"I know what you are thinking, just let me say that my hotel is right next to yours, so it wasn't difficult and why should we have to waste our money on calls. Plus, I wanted to check out your room, so yeah," she justified her reasons.

"So what do you think? Is mine better? Or yours?" I inquired albeit curious.

"Hmph, yours, I guess," she admitted begrudgingly.

I laughed slightly at her admission.

"Anyway, all that aside, what is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked.

"Well, so why are you here? In Abu Dhabi?" she queried.

"You want to know this now? Why didn't you ask me this during the last few days? And I'm here on my gap year, you?" I threw in my own set of questions.

"I was distracted and yay! Me too! But are you with a travel agency or are you travelling alone?" she verified.

"Agency, you?" I checked.

"Alone, baby! Anyway, don't you think that Abu Dhabi is a little touristy?" she pressed.

"Haha, what do you mean?" I clarified.

"Well, it's like a holiday location, not really a gap year place, you know what I mean?" she explained.

"Yeah, I guess, but it's nice here," I defended.

"It is, but isn't the gap year about exploring? This is a little too relaxing," she continued.

"That's true. So what are you saying?" I agreed.

"I say, let's go explore! Let's go to India!" she exclaimed.

"India? Are you serious?" I repeated shocked.

"Hell yeah! So can you please change your package or something or is it not possible?" she asked trying to sound unaffected by whichever response awaited her.

"Well, I think I can, but I want to check with my dad, okay? So, go get me breakfast cause I'm missing my buffet due to a certain someone over here and I'm starving," I said hinting for her to leave and give me some privacy.

She smiled cheekily and left.

India? She wants me to go to India! I barely even know her, and now she wants me to go to India? Well, technically, she is right. I'm on my gap year! I should be doing adventurous things not staying in a posh hotel being touristy, I thought to myself.

With that, I called my dad.

A couple of rings later, he picked up.

"Hi sweety, how are you? I've been meaning to call you, but your mum has been holding me back. She kept saying that I should not disturb you and just wait for you to call," he whined.

"I'm fine daddy, you? And haha, I understand dad. How are mum and Mike?" I asked.

"That's good. And they're fine too," my Dad replied.

"Daddy, I was just wondering is it possible for me to change the itinerary of the trip?" I checked.

"What do you mean sweety? You don't want to go to Dubai next?" he clarified.

"No dad, I mean, I don't want to tour around the UAE for a month. I want to go someplace adventurous," I responded.

"Isn't the UAE adventurous?" he asked sounding puzzled.

"Not exactly daddy, it's touristy. I meant someplace like...India, you know?" I explained.

"You want to go to India? But it might be a little too adventurous, don't you think?" he asked.

"Yes daddy, and that's what I want. I'm on my gap year, I should be adventurous. So, do you think you can change the package?" I inquired silently sending him brain waves over the phone, making him understand that I was desperate to go.

"Hmm...if you are very sure, then I suppose I could call the travel agent, and request him to change the plan, and let you make India your next destination," he pondered out loud.

My brain waves worked!

"Yay! Thanks daddy! And just so you know, I won't be alone. I'll be travelling with Maddie, the girl with me on all those photos I sent you?" I reminded.

"That's good. She seems like a nice girl. I'll talk to the agent and get back to you. You are lucky that he and I are friends. Also, chances are, you'll leave in two days, just when your payment for the hotel stay expires. So have fun, dear. I'll tell mum and Mike, you called. Take care," my dad informed me.

"I will, daddy. Love you, bye," I said and hung up.

Just then, Maddie came back with the food. She dumped the food on the table and rushed over to me.

"So?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

"So..." I replied purposefully adding suspense.

"Just tell me. I can handle it. Come on, what did he say?" she pressed on.

"I'll be in Abu Dhabi for the next few days, I'm sorry," I replied honestly, pretending to look glum.

"Ohh, well, that's alright. I suppose I could stay here a little longer before heading to India," she sulked.

Looking at her sullen face, I decided to give in.

"Okay, here's the truth, I'll be in Abu Dhabi for two more days then I'll be heading to India!" I blurted.

"Really? You're not kidding?" She checked not wanting to get her hopes up.

"Oh sweety, anyone willing to postpone an adventure for me, is worth changing plans for. It really looks like we'll be heading to India!" I smiled assuring her.

"Yeah! India!" she shrieked happily and pulled me close for a hug.

~~~~~~
Hello lovelies,
What do you think? Leaving Abu Dhabi and heading to India?! Wow!

I bet you guys weren't expecting that :)

Well, trust me, things are gonna get a lot more exciting!

Anyway, I wish you a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

I hope this story gets lots of fans :D

Truth be told, this story is close to my heart and has lots "me" in it, so it would be beyond awesome if you guys continued to

Read, comment, vote and fan :D

Love you dearies!
Xoxo