Hollow

We all sat around the dining table, confused and anxious. Well, only some of us. I was just playing with my tail. Charlene was staring hungrily at Anya, which made Anya fear for her life. Richard was chewing on a leaf without even noticing. Brian and Kyle were talking about each others visible changes.

"How are we going to explain this?", Brian said.

"There's no explaining, if someone found out, we'd probably be sent to Area 51 or something", Kyle replied.

"So what? Are you saying we hide it or something?", said Anya not looking away from Charlene.

"Yeah, let's just hide angel wings, fuzzy tails, and ears sticking out from my heads under our shirts.", Charlene said sarcastically.

"I don't know how, but we have to hide it somehow.", I said.

Richard's puppy ran up to my feet and jumped on my lap. He barked to get my attention and flopped down his ears. I noticed he kept repeating this process. I tried to make my ears go down as well.

"Dude, what's up with your ears? They're glowing", asked Brian

They disappeared into thin air. As if they were never there.

"Woah, can we do that?", asked Kyle.

"I think so, I just copied the dog. I tried to flop my ears down like he did. I wonder...", as I spoke, my tail disappeared, followed by my glowing eyes and fangs.

"You look...normal?", Charlene said.

"Yeah, just imagine feeling it, and then, not feeling it.", I said

"Wow, very detailed tutorial dude.", said Richard sarcastically.

"No he's right", said Anya. She got it right too, looking fully normal.

Everyone tried the same process. After some trial and error, we all got it down.

"Woah, this is surreal.", said Brian after turning to normal.

"Wait, does that mean we have, like, powers?", Richard asked.

"I can answer that...", Charlene said.

Everyone turned to face her. Next to her was a floating spear, made of what looks to be bone and metal. It had tiny electric sparks floating around it.

"Wow, shocking", I said.