Prince Mikaela

Four years later...

I walked down the hallway with Kimizuki. Kimizuki had glared at me then looked away suddenly with irritation.

We were at Shibuya highschool, a highschool for teenagers training to be soldiers.

Since my parents' deaths, Kimizuki and I had been in deep trouble. We argue a lot, but we look out for each other. Without any adults to take care of us, we just stayed with random strangers who would volunteer to watch over us.

In middle school, we were able to get jobs for ourselves and save enough money for Shibuya highschool. Now, we live in an apartment building for free. The apartment building is meant for highschool students with no homes, so an apartment was offered to us.

"Look, I'm sorry I ate your breakfast bagel," I apologized to him. We were on our way to our first period class: Vampire Education.

Yes, it may sound stupid, but it's one of the most important classes in this highschool. It teaches us about a vampire's weaknesses, strengths, culture, and many more. Most important of all, we learn about the Vampire Queen. She's the one that came up with the idea of creating a virus and stealing almost every child below the age of thirteen from this earth. Even though the virus is already extinct, it still affects adults all over the world, whether physically or mentally.

"Whatever," Kimizuki says, rolling his eyes.

"I didn't know you were gonna eat it," I said, "I thought you didn't want it."

"You should've asked me. Now I'm hungry."

I sigh when we arrive to class. I open the door and walk into class with Kimizuki. Both of us sit in the very back of the classroom as the teacher continues to speak about the Vampire Queen.

"Do any of you know who this is?" the teacher asks as he lifts a poster of a young man.  He looks like he was about the same age as me and his hair had a light gray color. His face looked expressionless and pale.

A student in the front row of the classroom raised their hand to answer the question. When the teacher called on them they replied. "That's the Vampire Queen's son, the Vampire Prince. His name is Mikaela."

I stared up at the picture the teacher was holding up. Mikaela...? The Vampire Prince. He doesn't look like he's related to the Queen. He looks beautiful and peaceful. The Queen, on the other hand, had a cruel smile and a hint of cleverness in her attitude. They were like two different vampires to me.

"That's correct," the teacher says. "We don't know much about the Prince. We only found out that the Queen had a son about three years ago. He's already seventeen years old, and he's extremely powerful. We also know that he unusually hates blood."

A vampire that hates blood? Was that possible? I looked side-ways at Kimizuki. He had the same questioning look as I did. What a strange thing to be heard.

Murmurs from other students were heard when the teacher said that. I guess it was their first time hearing of such an odd thing, just like me.

"Other than that, Prince Mikaela is a complete mystery to us. We've only seen him once, which was that tragic day three years ago. After that, we've never seen him face-to-face ever again. There's rumors that one of the soldiers from the Demon Army had killed him that day three years ago, but the Demon Army neither confirmed nor denied this rumor."

Prince Mikaela. He was interesting.

***

I slammed the door of my locker and gave out a sigh of relief. Finally, the end of the day.