Chapter 6

"Kayleigh get out of the shitter!" I yelled. It's been 20 minutes and me and Demi are still waiting for her.

"Kayleigh what the hell are you doing in there?!" She seriously needs to hurry the fuck up.

"I'm coming, I'm coming hold your fucks." Kayleigh yelled from inside the bathroom with a shaky voice.

She finally came out. But there was just something different about her. She had her sleeves pulled down, (she usually wears them up,) and her face had  black lines; tear tracks. I feel so bad; I'm ignoring the fact that my best friend isn't okay. I mean, she never even takes into consideration to ask how I'm feeling, but I always want to ask whats wrong, I just never pull my shit together and actually ask.

"Hey Kayleigh 5 Seconds Of Summer is gonna be at the mall while were there."

"How do you know..?" She asked with her voice shaking.

I was on your phone playing Temple Run and Luke tweeted"

I didn't want to tell her I was looking at her texts. She would fucking kill me!

"Ready to go?" Demi said with an uneasy smile on her face.

Kayleigh and I nodded yes.

"Last one to the car is a rotten pile of shit!" Demi yelled as she opened the door and ran.

Kayleigh looked at me, I looked at her, she put her hand in mine, and we ran.

I know this sounds really weird, but Kayleigh knows when I'm sad. She can literally see right fucking through me. Whenever I feel sad or numb, she can see it. She knows how I feel. I've never told her how I feel exactly, but I think she knows what people look like when they're sad. It'probabky because of Zach. In second grade his best friend committed suicide. Zach was always depressed and sad, too. He's been fighting urges to hurt himself, he's been fighting suicidal thoughts, but he just wants his friend back. I know it sounds like something that would happen is a cheesy romance novel, but Kayleigh just hold's my hand, and I'm a little better... Honestly.

Demi, of course, was the first one to the car.

"Where are you going today, girls?" said Demi's bodygaurd, which I'm guessing is Max, with a big smile on his face.

"We're going to the Emrald Square Mall in North Attleboro" Demi told Max.

"Ooo strap in, we have a long drive ahead of us ladies"

In about an hour, we finally arrived.

"Race ya in!" Demi is such a child.

We ran in and Kayleigh squealed in excitement.

"Look, Em! I think I see 5sos!"

We both looked over.

It was nothing.

We just kept walking.

Demi took us everywhere, no literally, Everywhere.

We went to Debs, Journey, Macy's, Payless, Claire's, we stopped at Auntie Anne's, Victoria's secret, Hollister, Tutti Frutti, we even went to the Disney store! The last store we went to was Forever 21. I swear we took 3 hours in there! We got shirts, jeans, jackets, skirts, varsity jackets, sweat pants, hats, scarves and more! We refused to leave. The people there kicked us out in the end because we were there too long and we were apparently being obnoxious.

That's just plain rude.

When we were done with our little shopping spree we just walked around the mall for a while. Demi spotted one of those little stands that sells cell phone cases. Demi took forever there. She couldn't pick a case. She finally picked a bright green one with a gold bedazzled bow on it!