Chapter 2

I had to stay clean. I had to. Even though my dad had just abused me, I had to stay strong. I needed to. If I don't hold it together, I'm gonna lose it again. I know I am.

*Stomp, stomp, stomp.*

I can hear my dad coming up the stairs.

I needed to get out. I just want to run away.

I ran over to my chager and grabbed my phone. I ran over to the window, opened it, and jumped out. I actually landed on my feet.

wow.

All I did was run. I ran as far and fast as I could. I didn't know where I was going, what I was doing, I just ran.

I was running for what felt like hours, but I just kept running.

7 people honked their horns at me, 2 busses almost ran me over, and I have 20 missed calls and 33 missed texts from Kayleigh.

I wonder why she chooses to stay instead of leave me? Well, she doesn't know about any of my self harm issues, or disorders. What would she do if she knew? Okay enough of that.

Last thing I remember was running into the monkey bars at the park and hitting my head really, really hard.

When I woke up, I was in Kayleigh's house, on her bed. Even though I knew where I was, I fluttered my eyes and said, "Where am I?"

"Emma! Your awake!" she shouted.

"Yeah. What am I doing here?"

"I tried to text you but you wouldn't answer so I went out looking for you and I found you passed out on the ground at the park, and when I saw you I panicked and threw you over my shoulder and now your here!" She had a weak smile on her face as she said that. She looked like she was hiding something and I was gonna find out what.

Later that day Kayleigh dropped me off at my house.

"Stay safe, Em!" She shouted as I walked out of her house.

"No promises!" I shouted back as I started my walk home.

I couldn't decide weather or not to go home. I was just going to sleep in the park, but I just went home. At least I have a bed.

I have to say, my house is huge. I don't know how my parents can afford it, but it's huge.
I walked in to see my dad sitting on the couch. He didn't look drunk, but just to be sure, I ran upstairs to my bedroom.

He didn't follow me.

This was really weird. I walked over to my bathroom and I looked in the mirror. Ugh. I hate myself. I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey, Em? It's dad. Can we talk?

---------------------------------

Hope you like this! I'm going to try and update weekly, but if I don't, I'll update as soon as possible! I promise!

-

I'm most likely not going to update next week because of school. I have a science fair project, makeup work after being sick for 3 days, my sister has chorus and band concerts, I have tutoring, and it's Christmas. I have 3 parties to go to so bear with me! Have a fabulous Christmas everyone!

-

Next update- Next week

Early Update- 100 reads, 12 votes