Chapter 4: We Ran Away From School ( Tia )

( Tia )

" Ethan!" Sam exclaimed as he rushed to his friend. I trudge towards them, hoping to give a helping hand. I noticed his right arm was burnt. Was it the side effects for using his abilities? I crouched next to Ethan and told Sam, " Sam, I need your help to carry him into the infirmary. I don't want anyone else but you to do so." " Wha- Why? Isn't it easier to get more people to help?" Sam questioned me. I glared at him, Sam stepped back. " Right now, you're involve with something huge, since you're with Ethan. You can't trust anybody here. I decided to trust you as you attempted to help me and being a close friend to Ethan. However, if I find that you're an enemy, I wouldn't hesitate to kick your ass all the way around the world. You got that?" I explained. Sam simply nodded. I lifted Ethan's torso, Sam helped me haul him up. I slung Ethan's left arm around my shoulder, Sam did the same on his right. Together, we dragged him through the trees around the field and towards the infirmary room. The crowd looked around at the wreckage caused by Emia, Taurus, Syron, Jim, Ethan and me. No doubt they were looking for us too.

After struggling for about 10 minutes, Sam kicked the dorm to the main building. We pulled Ethan to the infirmary room on the ground floor. I opened the door. 

The infirmary room have two beds, one at the corner of the room, the other placed at the other corner. A drawer next to the first bed was filled with medicine and first aid kit. Between the two beds was a desk with many utilities for writing and recording. The walls are soft blue and the window above the desk showed the view of the field. It would have been nice if it weren't for the ruckus we made.

Sam and I placed Ethan on the bed next to the drawer. " Pull down the blinds," I commanded Sam. As Sam did so, I pulled a first-aid kit out of the drawer. I put the box on the desk and flipped it open. There's bandages, sea cucumber oil, and other tools that can be helpful for Ethan. I poured sea cucumber oil on my palm and massage his right arm. Sam pulled out the bandage from the medical kit. He passed it to me. Quickly, I wrapped it around the right arm.

" Wow, you know a lot about this do you?" Sam admired. " It's a long story," I sighed. Finally, I completed bandaging his arm. I wiped the sweat of my forehead. " Okay, I'm done," I nodded with appreciation. " So, what now?" Sam muttered. I turned to Sam and said, " For now, we wait until Ethan wake up. Then, we have to-" Suddenly, someone bursted open the door. " Tia! Explain everything to me!" Stella demanded me.

A chilly feeling crawled up my spine. My hands were sweating, my legs were trembling. " Um, hi Stella," I faltered. " What was that?!?" Stella slammed the door shut, causing me to flinched. I envied Sam for keeping his cool. " First, Jim sneaked into our room. Then, Ethan tried to beat him up. Suddenly, you threw him off the window, jumped out and threw lightning bolts to him! What was that all about? And where's Jim?!?" she scolded. I was quivering, thinking how must I explained this to her. I can't risk her life and get her involved in this mess. But then again, she's my only friend. I trust her and treat her like my sister ( even though I don't have one ). What must I do? I thought to myself.

" Tell her the truth," Emia advised me. " Wh-What?" I stuttered. " Ethan involved Sam into this. If I have to guess, Ethan is planning to defend him from any danger. I believe we should do the same, especially since she's the only person we trust, next to Ethan and Sam. We need someone by our side," Emia suggested. " But, she'll be in danger," I muttered. " And we'll be there to protect her. And if that's not enough, Ethan will be there for us. Besides, he'll...protect us as well," she mumbled. 

I looked at Ethan. His black spiky hair was a mess. I remembered his brown eyes when he saved me from Jim. My cheeks slightly brighten when I thought about it. I wasn't sure about the fact Ethan will protect me ( I feel embarrassed thinking about it, for some reason ), but Emia was right. I need all the help I can get if I want to take the enemy down and protect my friends.