Chapter 1

Laura's P.O.V
I tore myself from the bed with a sigh. I was not going to let Matt ruin my day out. You know what? today is January first. On New Years Eve I was to torn apart to come up with a resolution. So my New Years resolution is to move on!
"That's great honey, but i really need to sleep so try to keep it down." My dad called from his room. Way to ruin my moment of strength I thought harshly.
"You welcome Sweetie." my dad called sarcastically. Arrrggghhhh I have to stop thinking aloud, I guess I'll add that to my list of resolutions.
As usual in the London winter, there was slushy, polluted snow on the ground. I paired a soft créme sweater with my black ripped skinny jeans and combat boots. A few swipes of mascara and a black beanie later I put on my big pearl earrings and necklace. I liked my look. It was unique and not to dark. If I ever wore black I always had a light factor to the outfit.
"Bye mum, bye daddy!" I called grabbing a granola bar and heading out the door to wait for my ride to the mall. My best friend turned the corner in her new car. It was only then that the impact of last night hit me, and hard. The events of last night played through my head as I sunk to my knees.
"Your a worthless brat! You don't deserve the breaths you take. You! Are! Worthless!" Matt's non poetic words ran through my head and the last words rolling through my mind were well, there goes my resolution.
Then everything went dark.