Chapter 4

Niall's P.O.V.
I woke up only to close my eyes immediately.
"What was that for Louis?" I asked the boy who was shining the flashlight in my face.
"Yay! Your awake! Liam said it was my turn to watch you while he and the boys went down to the flat because he doesn't feel like babysitting and thinks I won't do anything bad at a hospital because people here are old and sick and sleepy so I went on my phone and Siri said something about a flashlight so I researched flashlights and my phone told me they wake people up! And my phone is Albert Fricken Einstein because you were out for two days! Yay!" he said all in one breath. Yeah, who needs breathing. ME. he shoved a handful of gummy bears into his mouth, adding the empty bag to the pile on the floor.
"Louis" I said slowly "I have been out for two days, am I right?"
"Yup, you were really knackered mate!"
"And how did you get the gummy bears if you were watching me"
"I bought out the vending machine!" he said proudly.
"Well Louis, I think enough of One Direction has been in the hospital so put them away." I chuckled as the doctor came in.
"Hello, I'm Dr. Connors." he said kindly "this is such a coincident Mr... Horan. Another patient of mine just came in With the same diagnosis. Anyways, have you been under lot of stress lately."
I'm a famous singer, when am I not stressed out? I thought to myself. I opened my mouth to come up with a fake story when Louis cut me off.
"Yup, he has lots of concerts and management set him up with this girl, Nathalie. Niall liked her as a friend, but didn't have a choice and when he finally got the O.k. to tell her she blew up. My friend Liam told me." Louis answered for me. Well there goes my diversion, I though bitterly.
"Ahh, I see. Well The stress from that fight along with that from concerts has pushed on your brain. Take it easy for a few days and you should be fine. Also, I always like to have a few private sessions with patients like this, but right now is a very busy time of year for me. So, if it's all right with you, I'm going to pair you with another patient with similar symptoms." I gave my concent and he scribbled something down on his clipboard. "I'll see you tomorrow at three, alright?" he asked. I nodded quitly and left.
"Oh, and your partner's name is Laura Lee Carpenter." and with those words, a doctor saved my life in more ways than he would ever know.
Laura's P.O.V.
Dr.Connors stopped me on my way out. He was telling me something about a semi private session he had to have with me. "You probably don't need it, but it is the law. Anyway I hope you don't mind having a partner, and I'll see you tomorrow at three." I nodded and walked out the door when a blonde head of hair caught my eye. The bloke wasn't ugly, but I couldn't possibly be considering ever having a relationship again. I could tell he was checking me out so I grabbed Morgan, turned on my heel, and strutted out the door. I swayed my hips as I slowly slid into the car. It's been forever since I've even tried to flirt, and it felt good.
*************************
When I got back home my parents, who left the hospital early, called. They said they were staying at a friends house for the night. Typical. Even when I'm just out of the hospital they blow me off. I was never really close to my parents, and I don't plan on making an effort to do so.
Morgan was obviously sleeping over, like she does every weekend. Parents or no parents, we had a tradition to follow. "Movie night!" she squeeled, immediately reaching for the gummy bears. Wait, I was out of gummy bears last night.
"Morgan" I said slowly, as if coaxing a child away from a cliff " where did you get the gummy bears?"
"Oh, well, the hospital had a vending machine but this fudgenugget of a guy was in front of me and I couldn't get any. So, while you were talking to the doctor I found another one and bought my gummy bears." She said matter of factly.
"Well" I said, a sly smile creeping onto my face "you know gummy bears aren't even close to enough for our movie night. I'm still in recovery, you know."
"NANDOS AND WALMART!" we screamed in unison. "Alright, alright! Both!" I yelled, exasperated. She yelled something in Spanish, saluted me, and ran out the door. She really is strange, but I'm no better. I called Nandos and ordered some food to pick up on our way home from Walmart and got into my car.
As I raced down the road, the sign came into sight. I snagged the first spot I saw and ran inside, Margot in tow. I'm not just gonna sit there all depressed and terrified about Him! After taking all the good sweets in the store (and absolutely no Snickers) we raced to the cash register. Whenever our paychecks come in, Margot and I place five dollars in our "movie night fund" resulting in sugar crazy nights of Titanic and tears or some random comedy. After running back to the car I sunk into the seat and sighed "I'm knackered" I mumbled, slouching down and breathing heavy after all the exercise from walking Walmart.
"Not before Nandos!" Morgs gasped dramatically as I sped away to out favorite restaurant. No matter how fatty it is, a girl need her Nandos.
Walking into the door, I saw that same blonde boy and his friend. But this time, three more lads were with them. They were all wearing pretty poor disguises, I wonder why. I couldn't help the giggle that escaped my lips when I saw a scrawny, short boy with absolutely no sign of facial hair, wearing an adhesive mustache and stuffing his boyish face with gummy bears.
Blondy caught my gaze with those crystal blue eyes and I felt my cheeks grow hot. What the hell? This isn't happening. I don't even know his name!
Niall's P.O.V.
Her again. Her beautiful crystal green eyes sparkled in amusement at our disguises, and her cheeks flared red when I caught her gaze. She makes me feel something when I see her. It's different. But at least it's a feeling.
A movement snapped me out of my thoughts. Her friend was whispering pretty loudly and I could make out her words, seeing as she was just behind me in line. "That's fudge nugget from the vending machine. Yiy take my gummy bears, you die!" I looked at Louis and chuckled as she balled her tiny fist. What an interesting person. To bad I can't get to know them. They might end up trapped and broken.