Youth

A/N: so it begins. enjoy (:

"Elsa!" Anna shook me hysterically and my mind jolted out of my dream.

"Anna? What is it? Do you know what time it is?" I hissed at my five year-old sister. I sat up quickly and watched Anna as she ran around my room only to hurdle herself back into my bed.

"Elsa. I can't sleep! Let's have some fun!" she giggled as her eyes widened in excitement.

A yawn flowed out of my mouth, my little arms strechted beyond me. I turned my head to face the clock and sighed. It was only two am and here my sister is, wanting to go play. Knowing Anna, the stubborn girl she is, she wouldn't let me sleep a wink if I don't comply to her wishes. It didn't matter if I was eight and she was five; she'll always get her way with most things.

"Elsa," she groaned when I didn't budge out of the bed. "PLEASE?" 

I sighed. "Fine, fine. Promise me you'll be quiet; I don't wanna wake up mom and dad,"

She flashed me her bright smile and I did the same. "Okay! But promise me you'll do the magic,"

"It's a promise,"

*

As we walked down the steps, Anna gasped and giggled. 

"Anna? Are you okay?" I asked as she bounded quickly down the steps and chased after something.

"Look Elsa! It's frost!" She exclaimed with hysterical joy. I smiled but continued puzzled. Why was she saying frost when I hadn't even started my magic yet?

I glanced at what Anna was holding on to, but I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, only a bit of frost in the middle of the ballroom but that was it. Had I made that? The frost near my sister?

My eyes widened in surprise. I hadn't even tried to do that! Woah.

Ignoring my absolute shock, I grinned and rose an eyebrow at Anna. "Ready for some fun?"

She looked over at something, almost as if she were asking for permission. Then she squealed and ran over to me as I began moving my hands in a circular motion. Slowly and gradually, snow and frost began to form underneath my fingertips and Anna began fidget with excitement.

I threw my hands up in the air and all of the snowflakes I had created burst up in the air and showered us in complete magic. 

"Yay!" Anna shrieked as I began shooting snow everywhere from my palms.

I laughed along with her as I began creating mountains of snow. "You having fun?" I asked as she began making a lot of snowballs.

She shot me a white grin. "Yes! So is Jack."

My hands froze (not metophorically) and my eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

We were the only two in the ballroom, who is she talking about?

"Who's Jack, Anna?"

"Jack Frost silly! Don't you see him? He's right next to me," she answered as she glanced to her right and smiled.

My throat felt really dry and my heart pounded. "Anna, what are you talking about? I-"

She interrupted me. "He says you're really fun,"

My eyes wandered around the room as Anna walked towards me. "Anna, I don't see this Jack Frost,"

"You have to believe, Elsa." she giggled as she threw herself into a pile of snow.

I stood in my place, my eyes glued to the ground.

Jack Frost? Like from the stories?

Santa, the Tooth Fairy, Sandman and the Easter Bunny along with Cupid I believed in, but Jack Frost does not exist.  He is just a figure from a story, and no one else believes in him so-

Anna screamed in delight as she began jumping from the snow hills I had created. They got higher and she only continued to climb higher. She got to the last one and jumped, not realizing nothing was going to aid her fall.

"ANNA!" I shrieked as I created another hill quickly so she wouldn't fall and hurt herself. "ANNA STOP!"

My heart was beating out of my chest as she continued throwing herself quicker and quicker which only made me panic even more. Just as she was about to jump, I slipped on my own dress and screamed in terror.

"ANNA!" and with that I shot out ice from my hand and instead of catching her, the ice hit her head and she flipped unconsciously in the air.

I rushed towards her in heartbeat, my tiny hands trembling as something cold blanketed around us. My throat was clogged up and I couldn't breathe.

What if she was dead?

Tears overflowed my eyelids and I finally opened my mouth.

"MOM! DAD!"

A/N: I'm writing the next chapter now haha.