Beauty Can Pierce One Like A Pain

"In The End, We All Become Stories

"In The End, We All Become Stories."

The song up there, You guys should listen to it. It's really catchy. I'm just like promoting it. Lol

>>>

My four sisters and I who were of an appropriate age for King Jaxton stood in a line inside Father's office, awaiting for his arrival.

Bethany, the oldest of us all, at the age of twenty, stood at the front. Being nervous and scared did not a thing for me. King Jaxton had the reputation of being cruel and vicious. He was said to be a cold hearted killer. Despite all that, women still fawned over him. He had the world at his feet.

However, I was certain that out of all of us, Bethany had the highest chance of being chosen. She was beautiful, brave and destined to do great things. Bethany had olive skin and exquisite dark eyes, was tall and the first time I heard the word "Pulchritudinous" I immediately thought of her. That word must have been made for her.

Despite being told by our parents that King Jaxton asked about her, she remained calm and asked about us instead.

My sisters were each fairly beautiful. I wasn't that bad either. Somewhat tall, but my long legs made me seem taller. Nice breasts, a hourglass figure and no rumpto to speak of. I had nebulous, Eden-green eyes with, plain lips, and spools of brown hair that plunged around my face and hid a swan's neck. Elegant and smooth. At least that's what I have been told.

With Bethany present in the room, I slid into the shadow, unnoticed. Then, our parents walked hand in hand into the room. We knew at once that he was here. We straightened our backs and all eyes were trained onto the door.

"It'll be okay." Bethany whispered to us. "He's been doing this to all the other kingdoms but he hasn't claimed anyone yet. She was right. He had done this to many of the kingdoms he conquered but has yet to claim any. This is probably done to show them who was truly the boss.

Footsteps echoed through the hallway. Gruff voices could be heard but one cut above all. It could only be King Jaxton. Even Bethany's eyes glossed over in fear. However, the person who entered the room didn't look like a cold-blooded killer.

His hair was Achilles-gold and coiffed to perfection. His eyes had the same starling clarity as a mountain stream and the lineaments of his face were in perfect proportion to each other. He seemed molded from a different cast as he had an androgynous look uncommon to most people. Lacquered and enameled by the sun, he radiated power and brio.

His mountain peak cheekbones appeared chiselled into shape by a master craftsman. They were of such sharp contours, it looked as if they were sculpted and pared to perfection. With eyes as bright and spellbinding as lode stars, they bewitched all those who fell under his steady gaze. They were a-sparkle with mirth and shone like two eternity-blue jewels enwrought in the snow.

As I was in awe by his perfection, I didn't notice that he was already standing in front of me. Snapping out of my trance, I was starting to tremble under his intense gaze. I heard his deep and husky voice speak. "Beauty can pierce one like a pain. But pretty girls who are unaware of their looks are more attractive than gorgeous girls who flaunt it." He touched a strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

Then, he turned around and and told my parents. "I want her. I choose her as my queen." Mother let out a gasp. I couldn't understand. It was almost as if my brain had been short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around me, everything was in fast-forward while I was in the middle of it. How could this happen?

Faith and Alice shouted in unison. "You cannot take her." They were both nineteen and I looked up to them. There were constant protests from all my sisters that were present. Over the shouting, I looked over to my father to see what his reaction was. He was agitated, I could tell. By the way that his eyebrows furrowed.

"But Jaxton, You know what she is, what she will bring. You can't take her. It will effect all of us." Father tried to reason as silence befall onto the room. Gloom engulfed the room. Jaxton walked towards Esme, who was just three months older than me.

Suddenly his hand shot out and closed in a vice like grip around Esme's throat. The crazed look in his eyes terrified me as his grip became tighter and tighter and Esme's breath was stopped. She fought back instinctively terrified about what was on the other side. "It's all up to you now Rose. Are you coming with me, or do want me to kill your sister?" He said, a malicious grin on his face.

~~

Cliffhanger. Don't hate me. I couldn't help it. See. I updated again today. I think I'll do a double update. Maybe. Don't forget to vote.

 Don't forget to vote