Supermarket

A cry rang out through the store. Paul looked up to the source of it. Patryk had just returned to the isle where his husband was, a young boy in his arms. The young boy had an over sized red hoodie on, and two spikes  coming from his orange hair.  The young boy was calm and still in his fathers arms.

"What happened?"

"Some kid slipped or something. We're not totally sure."

Paul just nodded and continued pushing the cart.

"Papa cart?"

The young boy pointed. Patryk chuckled and handed Tord to Paul; Paul then put the toddler in the front area  of the cart. 

The family of three continued on their way, throwing things in the cart as doing so. 

As Tord reached to his left to grab a box of crackers for his fathers, Paul on the other side of the cart and Patryk on the opposite side of the aisle, he noticed a young boy wandering through the different aisles. He had a bright yellow shirt on underneath his overalls, a bear heald at his side. The first thing Tord had noticed about the boy was the black orbs where his eyes should be.

Tord lifted himself up on the palms of his hand and stood on the seat of the cart. He made his way out slowly and steadily using the bars as a ladder. His parents oblivious to it as they were trying to see which brand was better. 

Tord walked up to the boy, as he got closer he noticed tear tracks on his cheeks, and very slowly opened his mouth to speak.

"Are you okay?"

The other boy sniffled.

"N-no I can't find my m-mommy."

Tord looked down, having a mental argument with himself. His parents had told him not to talk to strangers, but he was sad, and by the sounds of it, lost. Tord perked up, a smile spread across his face. 

"I can help you! My names Tord!"

They weren't technically strangers if the knew each others names right?

"R-really? Oh, yeah, my names Tom!"

The other boy, Tom, wiped the pools that were tearing in his eyes. 

The two boys linked hands and went off to go find Toms parents, forgetting about Tord's parents altogether. 

Paul looked up noticing it was unusually quiet, he peared to the cart where he thought his son was, only to find the 4 year old missing. 

"Patryk, where's Tord?!" The adult screeched at his partner. 
It was now that Patryk noticed he was gone now. 

"I dont know!" He had fired back.

The two males ran off, deserting their cart, more concerned with finding their son.

Meanwhile with the other two boys they had just passed the pet food aisle now nearing the dairy aisle, where tom had said he last saw his mother. The woman was nowhere to be seen, only an employee, a young teen,  restocking the eggs.  

Tom was close to crying again when Tord spoke up.

"Don't worry tom! There's still plenty of store to search!"

"That's the problem! Not only have I lost my Mommy, but I dragged you away from your parents too!" 

The realization hit Tord like a freight train. His parents were still somewhere in the store without him. They may not even be in the store anymore! 

Tord tried to shake away that last thought but he couldn't. After all he was an annoying toddler, well in his mind at least.

The two boys were huddled together, Tord crying while Tom had tears in his eyes. Tom knew he had to stay strong for Tord, especially after everything he had done for him.

The boys were interrupted however,  a sound of high heels clicking on their left, and two sets of sneakers on their right. Both boys had looked  up by now. Tord had unlatched himself from Tom and was on his feet, Tom doing the same. The two boys ran towards their parents. Paul had picked up Tord and hugged him close to his chest while Patryk had hugged them both.

Toms mother, with said boy in her arms, came towards the family. 

Paul and Patryk detached from each other.

"Thank you Tord." The mother had commented.

Tom and Tord looked at each other while their parents talked. Tom flashed Tord a toothy smile. Tord returned it.

 This truly had been a supermarket trip they could never forget.