#3

‘’Wake up, sleepyhead.’’ I pounded on Trevàns door. It slowly opened and a sleepy looking Trevàn looked at me.

‘’What is it?’’ He asked.

‘’Training starts today. Come on.’’ I started walking away.

‘’Hey, wait up! What am I supposed to wear?’’

‘’Workout clothes.’’ Duh.

I waited until he got dressed and then, after he stuffed some pancakes inside, we walked to the gym.

‘’It’s simple, we start every day with four hours of training, then you have lunch and then you have four hours of weaponry.’’

‘’Four hours?! You I am not a vampire, I can collapse of exhaustion, you know.’’ Trevàn already looked tired.

‘’Suck it up, pretty boy.’’ I said laughing. I grabbed a few punching bags and told Trevàn to hit them. I spent the first two hours teaching Trevàn how to punch and dodge properly, and then he looked so exhausted I gave him a thirty minutes break.

‘’You’ll see, you get better over time. Also, you won’t get tired so easy anymore. Did you even do any sports, like at all?’’ I asked while he drained the tap.

‘’I… well, I tried, sometimes.’’ Typical, well at least it gave me something to work with.

At the end of the training, I got Trevàn to try to hit. Obviously, he failed. When I had him pinned against the wall, I heard someone clapping.

‘’Well, done, Dailene, you beat the human.’’ I dropped Trevàn and turned around, seeing Jake leaning against the wall.

‘’Nice to see you, Jacob.’’ I started to haul the pushing bags to the side.

‘’Wanna go for a round with me?’’ Jake asked.

‘’You know you’re gonna lose, right?’’ I asked pointing at my belly.

‘’Makes it more challenging, sweetheart.’’ He grinned.

‘’Trevàn, why don’t you sit down, before you fall over.’’ When he sat I gestured Jake to come over.

It was almost boring; I had him pinned down in two minutes. When I looked up, more vampires had joined and were watching.

‘’Poor you, you lost with an audience.’’ I laughed and jumped up, taking Jake with me in the process.

‘’Well, I’ll beat you after you have delivered.’’

‘’Haha, you wish.’’ I went to Trevàn, hauled him up and we walked to the dining hall.

‘’How does it come, that you are better, more dangerous, when you’re pregnant?’’ He asked.

‘’It’s a chemical we produce when we’re pregnant. I am very strong compared to average and stuff, but being pregnant and having this chemical, makes me even more dangerous. The chemical heightens everything, magnifies strength and reflexes. But the real reason I beat Jake, is because I always have. Apart from the Lord, I am the strongest vampire in this clan.’’ We had arrived at the dining hall.

‘’That’s pretty badass.’’

‘’I know.’’

I drained a blood bag, while Trevàn ate his sandwiches.

‘’What now?’’ He asked when he was done.

‘’Go change into a clean shirt and meet me back here.’’ I said.