Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones, But Fists Are Just As Affective

Jonathon stopped and turned towards Elijah "Hey man, I'm just taking this girl to the pack doctor." he said motioning towards me with his head.

"What? What happened?" Elijah said with concern written all over his face.

I didn't want to look at him so I turned my head into Jonathon's chest. I could feel tears start to prick my eyes as I fought to keep them from falling. Jonathon must have noticed my change in demeanor because he tighten his hold on me slightly almost to make me feel protected.

"A group of pack members jumped her earlier. The school doctor said she doesn't have the proper equipment to treat her wounds here, so I'm taking her to the pack doctor."

Elijah took a few steps toward us and extended his arms "Here, go back to class. I'll take her." he said looking Jonathon in the eyes. Anyone could tell he was angry, about what I wasn't completely sure. I mean he couldn't be angry about Jonathon holding me. He made it very clear he didn't want me. Either way I didn't want them to miss classes because of me, so I made my way out of Jonathon's arms and found my balance.

"Thank you for saving me earlier, Alpha. But you shouldn't miss class, I'll drive myself to the pack doctor." I said to him with the best smile I could muster with my busted lips. I bowed to him out of respect before limping my way to the front door. I, however, didn't get very far before another wave of dizziness washed over me and I fell to the ground.

Before I hit the ground I felt warm hands catch me. No sparks erupted, so I knew it must of been Jonathon. Soon I was once again in his arms and being carried.

"Go back to class Elijah, and tell Rose I said hi." He called back not even looking in his direction.
We soon made it outside and he walked straight to his black Chevy impala. He carefully sat me down in the passenger seat before buckling me up and getting in the driver's side.

"What about my truck? I'll need it to come to school tomorrow?" I asked quietly.

"I'll have Elijah bring it to your house..." he trailed off "I'm sorry, but what's your name?" he asked confirming my assumptions that he in fact had no idea who I was.

"Raine Andrews, sir." I said staring at my hands in my lap, like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

He nodded and started the car and made the way to the pack doctor. It didn't take long to get there, since there was little to no traffic. He pulled up to the front entrance and carried me inside. The lady at the front desk took one look at me and ran to get the doctor. Jonathon carried me to a examination room and laid me down on the table. The doctor came shortly after and started assessing my injuries.

"Well, you have a sprained wrist, two broken ribs, and a minor concussion." He said writing everything down on his clipboard.

"how long until she's healed?" Jonathon asked.

"Well she doesn't seem to be healing properly, so we'll have to run some tests to see."

I nodded and thanked him before he left to get the equipment he needed. I glanced over at Jonathon to find him looking at me with a face full of curiosity.

"You should go back to school, sir." I said quietly trying not to agitate him

"Don't call me 'sir'. It makes me sound old." he said chuckling "Just call me Jonathon. And don't worry about me missing class."

I simply nodded and waited for the doctor to come back. Silence fell over us before he decided to speak again. "So what's up with you and Elijah? I've never seen you two hanging out before."

I stiffened a bit unsure of how to answer that. I'm almost positive that Elijah doesn't want anyone to know that he and I are mates. So what am I supposed to tell him?

"Um... nothings up... we just bumped into each other earlier this morning." it's not a complete lie. I mean, we did bump into each other.

"You're a horrible liar." He said "What really happened?" he asked walking up to the bed.

I avoided his gaze "He probably doesn't want anyone to know..." I said hoping he would drop it.

"What doesn't he want people to know?" Of course he doesn't drop it "Don't make me use my Alpha tone."

I let out a defeated sigh "I'm his mate..."