Awkward At The Doctor

"What?" Jonathon asked in astonishment "When did you find out?"

"This morning." what was taking the doctor so long? Please let him walk in soon, so I don't have to explain everything.

"Rose is going to be devastated." He said to himself. You could see the pity for her clear as day on his face.

"No she won't." I said sadness leaking into my voice.

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't-"

I looked away from his questioning gaze "Because he doesn't want me. Because he chose her." I interrupted trying not to cry.

        Jonathon opened his mouth to speak again when the doctor finally showed up. He walked in with a tray and a weird looking machine. "Okay Raine, we're gonna draw some blood and do a ultrasound to see if anything abnormal has appeared."

"Okay." I said as I closed my eyes. I really hate needles. When I was younger, I watched a scary movie where the bad guy gave his victims a shot of something that made them slowly go insane. Ever since then needles have been a no go for me.

        Thankfully, it didn't take long to get the amount of blood needed for whatever tests they were gonna run. Next was the ultra sound, and let me tell you that gel is freezing cold. After the blood was collected and the ultrasound was finished the doctor  asked Jonathon to help me sit up. Then he left, once again leaving me alone with that questioning gaze.

He let out a sigh "You know, being rejected can help explain why you aren't healing properly."

"I'm not rejected, just unwanted." I said quietly "I won't be rejected until tomorrow."

"What?"

"I asked him not to reject me until tomorrow. I didn't want to be rejected on my birthday."

Everything clicked and pity filled his bright blue eyes. "Please don't look at me that way...You don't have to pity me."

"Elijah's a idiot." He said between clenched teeth. He ran a frustrated hand through his black hair.

I looked up at him completely shocked. "What?!"

Jonathon shook his head lightly "I lost my mate and it nearly killed me. He knows what losing a mate can do to someone." he let out a agitated sigh "I haven't known you long, but I know you deserve to be treated better than that."

        I felt a blush creep up my cheeks so I covered my face with my hair. He let out a soft chuckle "By the way, where are your friends? They're probably wondering why you aren't at school." he said trying to lighten the mood.

"I don't have any..." I said awkwardly.

"You don't have any friends?!"

        I shook my head not looking at him. I know he's gonna ask why I have no friends, but he won't believe me. And why would he? It's because of rose that I have no friends. For as long as I can remember she made sure no one would want to even look at me. After a few years people just forgot I existed. I gave up on having friends a long time ago.

"Well I know you aren't new here, so how is it that you have no friends?"

"You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you." I said with a sigh.

"Try me."

"Why?" I asked getting frustrated.

He looked at me confused "What do you mean 'why'?"

"Why do you care? We've never spoken before this, so why?"

"No we haven't spoken before, but everyone needs a friend. If you don't have any then I'll take that spot in your life."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because no one should have to go through losing their mate alone." Their was a immense sadness in his eyes.

I nodded when the doctor came back in. Both of us turned our attention to him awaiting his orders.

"Well it turns out that your wolf is too weak, right now, to heal you. Because of this we're going to have to inject you with a serum to boost your healing ability." He explained.

I gulped and looked at him before closing my eyes.

*TIME SKIP TO AFTER THE DOCTOR*

Jonathon was now walking me to his car. Whatever was in that shot really helped a lot. I was now able to  walk with a slight limp and the dizziness was gone. The doctor did say, however,  that I won't be fully healed until tomorrow. One side effect of it though was extreme drowsiness, so I wasn't about to fight the sleepiness that came over me

But I didn't miss Jonathon softly say the words "So cute..." before passing out.