High School

Ai's POV:

High School. Sure. Everyone has their own high school fantasies. 

According to my data, the most expected thing to happen in high school is: 

Romance

Haruka has told me about her high school love story, tons of times, and every time I didn't care, so I just forgot about what she said afterwards. But this....

I was standing alone, in a swarm of school couples, on the direct center. Everyone. And I mean everyone was a couple. Some girls gave me interested stares because of my looks and guys laughed at me by themselves, although I could easily hear them. 

"Ai-kun!" I heard a voice call out to me in the middle of madness I was surrounded with. Instantly, I knew it was Haruka and I smiled unknowingly.

"Haruka, where were you?" it was the first day of school and our classes were different, again. Currently, it was lunch time and we were supposed to meet each other in the cafeteria, where I was being swarmed with couples.

"Sorry Ai-kun, I got lost on the way," she laughed apologetically. "How can someone get lost on the way to the cafeteria at their school? Didn't you memorize the school's interior?" but before she could even answer, I sighed, knowing the answer. Haruka just sweatdropped and apologized again. 

Letting that slide, we sat down to eat lunch. My mom has packed me a bento consisting of onigiri, sashimi, tamagoyaki, and more. It was a overall healthy balanced food. When I looked over at Haruka's bento, I almost dropped my chopsticks and my system stopped for a brief second.

Her huge stack of bento had everything, even my favorite, Katsudon. Aside from Katsudon, it had few takoyakis, tamagoyaki, onigiri, okonomiyaki, yakisoba, and so much more. My system sent an alert that popped up as:

Current Mood: HUNGRY

I couldn't disagree. Finally noticing my gaze on her bento, Haruka smiled and offered me some. Usually, I would refuse politely, but this was Haruka's cooking. Not giving up the chance, I quickly grabbed a piece of Katsudon and ate it. I must have been smiling (which I have been quite frequently) because she suddenly laughed, snapping me back to reality.

"A-Ai-kun.. Hahaha.. Your face... Hahaha!" she laughed, covering her mouth and pointing to my face. I felt my cheeks heating up a little and cooled it down instantly. "Stop laughing," I coldly shot back when her laughter sill haven't died down. She took a few deep breaths and finally calmed down. 

"Sorry... But you looked so cute!" in an apologetic way, she smiled sheepishly, cheeks turning a bit red. I sighed and said it was fine and continued devouring our bentos.

Time Skip:

When it was time for class, we both said good bye and returned to our own respective classrooms. 

"Ai-kun! You finally came back! Where were you during lunch? We were looking for you to eat our bentos with you~" one of the girls, which I have memorized as Yui Akina, whined, trying to act cute. Like I'd fall for that.

"Sorry, I was eating with my own friend. Next time, please eat with your own friends and don't wait for me," I answered back with irritation. She pouted but I caught the sign that she wouldn't give up. Why doesn't she eat lunch with her own friends? Yui Akina was practically the most popular girl in our class so far.

Heading back to my seat, I sat down and looked outside the window. What was Haruka doing right now? I hope she still remembers the promise we made years ago. Although I wouldn't expect her to remember, there was still a huge part of me that hoped she would remember. I've never dozed off. My system was always alert on what was happening around me. However, this time, I was totally unaware, suddenly brought back by my teacher's voice calling out my name. "Mikaze-kun?"