School

I woke up for school the next morning dreading seeing his face again. I rose from my bed, thinking about the day ahead and trying to make sense of everything in my head. I got dressed; went to the bathroom to apply my make up and brush my teeth. Thats when I saw it. The mark he had left.

I applied as much foundation as I could to cover the bruise.Then applied my normal amount of eyeliner and mascara to my hurting face.

The bruise only reminded me of what I made happen.

I left my house the usual time and felt the breeze of winter hit my face as soon as the door banged shut behind me. I knew i would have to face that bus stop sometime,but havcing to face it everytime i get a bus?  That would be hard.

I saw the bus coming down the road and moved to edge of the curb, signalling I wanted to get on. I sat down in my usual stop at the top on the right with my friend. She was the first person to see the bruise he had left for me.

She kept looking at me I assumed she was waiting for me to say something. What did I say to someone who I loved like my sister, her and her family were the only things I had left the only people I could tell.

He hit me.

Chloe knew who I meant straight away, she jumped up from her sit in shock forgetting we were on the bus and falling straight over as we turned the corner.

"He did what!? He didn't, he wouldn't, he loves you!?" the words fell out of her mouth all at once.

I fell to pieces seeing the tears in the tears in her eyes, i couldn't face going to school, not seeing his face again. By the time we arrived at school, she knew everything, what happened,where, and when.

But the one question i couldnt answer was why.