four

Once again Cain was in a meeting and the scary guys were all there. Right now I was wandering the halls bored out of my mind when I heard Scarletts voice.

'Hey.' Is all she said.
'Scarlett I'm bored.' I whined.
'Layla I don't care.' She said.

I huffed and blocked her out. "Back to being bored." I said to myself. I started to skip down the hall heading to Cain's office when I ran into someone. "Owie." I cried. I looked up to see a bigger looking bald man. "I'm sorry." I said and headed on my way.

"Cain~" I sang his name as I walked into the room. But stopped when I saw a bloody man on his knees. Everyone's eyes went to me.

"Who the hell are you." I heard a gruff  voice say. I looked at him but ignored him and walked to Cain. "Cain I'm bored." I whined.

"Layla not now." Cain said sternly. I looked at him and pouted. I put on my puppy dog face that works on everyone but my mom and sisters. "Layla." Cain said in a warning tone. "Fine." He said at last. "Yes." I squealed. I grabbed Cain's arm and started to pull him. Everyone in the room looked at us with wide eyes.

"Please help me." I looked down to where the voice came from it was the kneeling man. I looked around the room and then back down to the man. "Why?" I said. I looked up at Cain. "Why is he like that." I asked him. "He betrayed me." He said with no emotion. I looked back at the man who had pleading eyes. His eyes were evil and lying he was not a good man. I scoffed at his attempt to ask me a goddess for help when he Is a lowly human.

"Come on Cain I'm bored still." I said and pulled him out of the room. I could hear the man screaming profanities at me but I kept walking.

"Layla I'm sorry you had to go through that but thank you for not getting involved." Cain said. I looked at him and smiled I'm going to miss him when I leave. My smile faded from my face. I didn't want to leave I like Cain. But last night I found out the I leave tonight. Mother is back.

I hugged Cain I felt him tense then relax.

Four hours later

I was getting ready for bed but I didn't want to sleep in my room. I walked into Cain's room. "Cain." He was lay in his bed he turned his head over to me. "Layla what's wrong." He asked concerned. "Can I sleep with you." I asked with tears in my eyes. He looked at me for a little before moving over. I ran over to his bed and got on it quickly. I rested my head on his shoulder.

I'm going to miss you Cain. I thought to myself. Cain fell asleep pretty quickly. I was waiting for the right moment to leave and I decided it was now. I got up and went back to my room. I put on the cloths I wore to the party and teleported back home.