Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen: Luck? :

Harrys point of view:

I turned into the coffee shop, and pulled down my dr dre beats and clicked my iPod off. I scanned the menu quickly but I had already made up my mind, ‘Vanilla Late please’ I said to the short, stocky man behind the counter. I waited impatiently tapping the counter before the man delivered my coffee in a paper white cup. I added the various sugars and extra chocolate which I didn’t put on the coffee but just ate them from my hand. I strolled out the shop and onto the pretty busy high street – last minuet people doing there Christmas shopping filled the shops.. I browsed endless shops until I found a vintage shop just around the corner from Harvey Nick’s I thought it would be perfect for Hannah and mum. I walked inside and a heavy scent of cinnamon rolls and pine cones hit me, I stifled a sneeze and took in the little grotto of vintage things. Necklaces and rings hung from the ceiling, dresses on manikins on the left and bags and books on the right, right down the far end was a little green door – saying ‘Valentino’s please knock’. I let my curiosity get the better of me and walked over to the door to knock, soon enough a tall lanky woman appeared and let me inside this other room. It wasn’t what I had expected, it was organised unlike the vintage shop- glass counters filled with sparkly things, racks of silver chains and gold and platinum on the far wall. I walked a little further inside, and saw around twenty people busy running about serving customers. I ran my hand down one of the glass counters and felt the smooth cold surface beneath my hand, I glanced down, small silver rings shimmered under the perfect lighting, I stopped and bent down, looking closer at the rings. A man in a green suit pulled out the tray for me to look at, a couple rings placed on the black fabric each plain with little engravings on them, I thought of what Louis had said; I had to show her how much I loved her.

 I pondered for a while, leaving the plain ones and looking at the small ones with little crystals fitted into them, I knew I could afford a small one, but which one? After much deliberating I chose a small one, with a round dark blue circle on it, chose a chain and bought them. It was perfect, I was going to take blue somewhere meaningful to us and tell her I would always love her, that I wanted to marry her one day – and this was a promise. It was a perfect way to show her, I grinned as I was handed a little purple box and a soft little bag for the chain and popped them in my pocket.

The rest of my shopping went really well, I bought Hannah a book she wanted and a wash set from Clarins, Louis a pair of TOMS and a stripy top, he loved those – bought mum and dad a glass jar for flowers, and then Gemma my sister a pair of ray bans. I walked back towards my car, shoving the numerous bags back into the boot – and as I walked to the driver’s seat I put my hand into my pocket, the little box still safe inside. I headed home, in time to help Louis sort the last arrangements for his birthday party, I could wrap presents, and then sort out my packing for the holidays. Louis Hannah myself and Blue were spending Christmas down on the Cornish coast, it had been planned for ages, and we wanted to spend it the four of us. I knew Louis thought it would be tricky if Blue and I didn’t work it out at his party, because he wanted some alone time with Hannah – equally leaving us alone together. In three days it was Louis birthday, his party and then that evening, we were getting a taxi down to Cornwall, we were going to be in Cornwall before Christmas day in the little cottage his mum had already set up for us, I hoped it would be a good Christmas.

Blues point of view:

Sunday dawned bright and clear, and I felt hopeful. After today, things couldn’t only get better, tonight it was Louis birthday party, and it was going to be amazing, Louis was the first to turn twenty in our group, and Louis always celebrated big, he had organised it so we only had to leave the club when we wanted, hop in a taxi and be driven down to the cottage in Cornwall, everything regarding clearing up was taken care of – booze and food was already packed into  a box on our kitchen table, and Hannah and I had almost packed. I placed the presents into my overnight bag, pushed clothes and swimmers that were still lying around into the top of it, and headed for the shower. Hannah was already up and sitting having one of those, do it yourself foot baths, she looked ridiculous in her face mask and hair turban. I jumped into the shower, washed my hair with strawberry shampoo at least three times, conditioned it with that baby L’Oreal’s conditioner, ‘no knots, no tears’ one because it smelt amazing and Harry liked strawberry’s. I shaved, and then hoped out of the shower, dried off, and applied strawberry moisturiser. If anything did happen with harry I was ready, I waxed which caused me to yelp out in pain and burst into tears, my god it was painful.  I brushed my teeth, and then went back to my room, pulling on an old hoodie and leggings and big fluffy socks. I painted my nails a deep purple to go with my dress, and added moose into my hair to make it easy to style later. I checked the clock I was nearly lunch time, I was so nervous about talking to Harry later that I hardly ate anything, just some salad leaves and a piece of old pizza.

Hannah and I chatted eagerly about tonight, I had told Hannah my plan with Harry; I was going to take him into a separate room, and tell him how I felt, and explain to him, then on Christmas day I would give him my present to prove it – sounded about alright, Hannah was convinced it would work, and we sat around watching a film before it was time to get ready.  

I stood in front of the mirror and smoothed down the tight white dress I was wearing – it had a high neck line, and a very low cut back, it made my figure look alright, curved and defined like a good dress should, paired it with some purple heels and no jewellery I was ready to go, my hair slightly curled on top of my head, dark eye liner circled my eye lids and the silver hoops hung gently from my ears. I had gotten and text from Liam and Danielle and Alison and Sanne and then one from Niall and Cassie and Zayn and Emma all saying they were excited and see me at the party later tonight. I was buzzing for the party, but as I finished packing my things for the weekend away I got extremely nervous, I knew I was going to have to pluck up the courage to talk to Harry – and I could end up hurt.  It soon turned to seven o’clock and I took a deep breathe, and we packed up one of the taxi’s waiting outside out flat, the box of food  and booze, and then our luggage, this taxi would then drive down to Cornwall with us and drop the things off.  I slid into the taxi seat and Hannah sat next to me, she looked amazing in a tight red dress, and her hair down in little ringlets, she squeezed my hand as the taxi started.