Chapter 2 - Zola

Violet's P.O.V.

As I walked into college the next day, I saw Kai and I ran away. That was not the day to have that conversation.

It is now the day after finals and am lying in the same spot thinking about what happened over the week. It was so crazy and now I am seriously thinking of dating Kai just to prove Zola wrong. She was calling me a lesbian and said that all I wanted was to rip her clothes off her. She was saying that I had when we were three and fighting. WHEN WE WERE THREE. WE WERE FIGHTING. NO-ONE CARED.

But this was a more serious time now. One where things hurt. One where things matter. I needed her once. God knows why. She's always been a bitch. All that's changed is she's changed who she's a bitch to.

When you spread rumors in college, it's taken seriously. People believe you truly. In elementary school, it's all: "Courtney kicked Jess in the changing rooms" or "John bit Travie". No-one actually believes it, they just go along with it because it will be a good laugh. In college it's more like: "Lucy fucked August" and "Cobi is gay". People believe it. There is no escaping it.

When I lie here normally, I feel invincible but now, the more I think about it, I feel like a small bug that will be destroyed when someone so much as taps it. I will die if this carries on. I need a lifeline. Fast.