Under My Protection

"She's beautiful." I think to myself as I watch the peculiar little girl smile at her mother.  However, her mom wasn't paying attention, she was too busy speaking on the phone to her assistant who forgot to finish paperwork.

How can she not pay attention to this magnificent creature,is she blind. Does she not see the exquisite beauty her daughter holds? Her light brown hair softly flowed right to her shoulders. She is far to young as of now, so she holds no... sexual appeal to me. She is gorgeous however, it's as if I know she will be my future companion.

Her brown eyes although dark were deeply intense. She has a slightly pale complexion, and an adorable button sized nose. Her lips were plump,and she has a face carved as if she was an angel. Her mother looks hesitant when she hangs up frowning at her daughter. I feel a small amount of pain knowing what's she's going to say next.

She's canceling plans of some kind with her."Rose." her mother sighs to her on the park "we can't go to the movies, I have to go to a meeting tomorrow". "Rose?" I test on my tongue, that seems appropriate for her. As soft and vibrant as the red rose itself,and as pure as the white rose.

"But,you promised!" she frowns at her "You never keep them." "I know." The mother lifts a strand of the little girl's brown hair pulling it behind her ear "I'm so sorry baby." She frowns looking down lost in her thoughts I supposed.

She looks around twelve years old, She was thin, but not too thin. Good, she wasn't being starved at home. The weird thing was she on was at a park with her mother. What pre-teen in there right mind would even agree to it. It's like she has this desperate need of her mother's love. She smiles at even a fraction of affection fom her mother.That's not all I noticed, a black car waiting and not moving an inch since I've been here is still here.

That was a hour before I fed on my last meal, she was a delicious... treat. His tinted windows didn't stop my vision from seeing him. He was slightly old of age,maybe thirty years or older. He had some grey strands in his hair,and in his tiny beard.

          He looks at Rose with hunger, the pervert. I am furious at his hungry eyes searching her little fragile body as if she was his next prey. I was also highly upset at her mother's ignorance and stupidity. Where was her nurturing instincts? Has she even thought of the idea to question this mysterious car hovering around Rose? Her mother Has her back turned to the poor girl speaking on the phone again.

But, I question why do I care what happens to this girl. She shouldn't mean any important value towards me, but yet I clench my fist at the sight of him pulling down his window.

He waves at the girl, Rose as if she was magically going to respond to him with a few words. Would she?Her mother moved subconsciously farther away by then already on the other side of the playground.

She gave a polite smile, when he says "hello!"He continues his speech, trying to persuade her to help him. "I lost my dog." he gives a fake frown "I really need help looking for her. Her name is Mandie."He lies really well, I must say.

Has he done this before? That question just fuels my anger. "Sorry to hear that." She mumbles stumbling farther away from his vehicle. Her heart was beating rapidly with fear.

Good, so she wasn't stupid, and knows the means of survival. If she even had the slight movement of entering his car I will snap his neck in front of her. Show her what she should fear.

"Please help me find her..." he left the sentence hanging,hoping she'll give him her name. When she said "Lexi." it made me smile at her little lie "I can't help you,sorry sir." "But please-,"she interrupted him with a threat "I'm going to get my mom, and call the police."