Chapter 2 - Her Life gets a meaning !

"This was always a HOUSE ! It never became HOME for me !"

Wandering about in the new city , searching for the answers to the questions in her mind , not affected by the weird looks that the people around were giving her , what Kiara needed right now was - a shelter to cover her head and a source of living ! But this new city didn't seemed to be kind to her ...

Delhi is the biggest metro city of India , known for the historical monuments and awesome places like Red Fort , Qutub Minar , Jama Masjid , Connaught Place , Chandni Chowk and many more ! But , equally unfamous for the road accidents and the rape incidents .. Beautiful and Horrible in its own fashion ! Kiara was not at all excited about this city as she had enough filthy things in her mind and huge castles of passion to conquer !

This night was more frightening for Kiara than the previous one !

No shed for the head - didn't even had sufficient money to rent a room in a hotel ! Yeah , she ate kind of well during the past few hours - And she knew it's gonna be tough to survive in here !

She saw a litter of puppies wandering about in a garden nearby and this was the only thing that made her smile since the last few months ! It was about 10 at night and after roaming around almost everywhere , she came to a footpath infront of the garden , where there was a bench ! Finally after hours , she relived herself putting her luggage on the side and laid down on the bench . It was not as comfortable as the bed in her bedroom but , under the night sky , she felt like a free bird , a happy soul ! And soon , she fell asleep ..

Some footsteps approached the bench . As Kiara was not a sound sleeper , she got scared and woke up - it was 3 in the morning ! She saw a shadow coming towards the bench from a turn nearby. The person was not visible but was about to be seen in some moments ! Her heart started pounding !Who could that be ?!

A man , in his mid-fifties , dark in complexion , little-bit drunk , came there and stared her like an eagle looks at its prey ! Kiara was not used to all this but she knew , she was not safe anymore ! The man , arched up one of his eyebrows and asked her in a manner, that offended her.
"Your place or mine ? !" and he winked at her .
Kiara was terribly offended as well as frightened by all this , but she didn't know what to do next . The man started coming near her , step by step , closer and closer .. he raised his hand and clenched her by her waist . Kiara was shocked by his move and she tried to shout in order to alert someone around , if there was any . But no one was seen there .

The man's left hand was running all over her body , his right hand covering her mouth .. Suddenly, he saw a woman coming from across the road and loosened his grip. The woman saw them and started shouting at him .
"You bastard ! Leave her alone or I will call the cops. "
"You know you can't . Instead, let me take you both with me.." The old man said with a wicked smile.
The woman took out her phone and dialled a number ," Yeah , I have got a drunk old man here , molesting a girl. Come soon !" And she disconnected . Out of nowhere, a jeep reached there with some policemen and after beating the shit out of the man ,they arrested and took him away.

"You okay ?" The woman asked Kiara who was stunned after what had happened with her . She was not able to speak up , when the woman said.
"You don't seem well. Let's go to my place. You will feel better there ." and they headed there.
With a cup of coffee at about 5 in the morning, Kiara opened up her soul to the woman and told her why she was there and how she got stuck with that old drunkard . Tears filled up her eyes while narrating her story , the woman comforted her .
"Well , no need to worry about anything now.You can stay with me for as long as you want . I am Olive , I am a DJ and sort of a drummer. I am in a band and we do stage shows every weekend here. You too have a taste for music , I guess ." She said looking at Kiara's guitar.
"Yeah , I like playing guitar. Dont know whether I play it well or not . Thanks Olive, for offering me a stay here . But I won't be comfortable staying here for free. I dont even have a job and I am not that qualified to get one. Will you please help me with that ?" Kiara felt helpless.
"Umm..why dont you join our band ?It's not that bad. Infact, we are famous and the people like us ! We have a guitarist though , but he plays electric. So, I could get you in. What say ?" Olive seemed cheerful.
Kiara was lost in her thoughts.. that's what she always wanted to do. Crowded audience, people dancing and enjoying her tunes.. She doubted if she was dreaming as she had never been so lucky before.
"And I know a friend who owns a renowned cafe here. He would welcome the thought of a musical aura . It will attract the visitors as well. I could talk to him. You can play in our band on weekends and then you can do the same at the cafe for the remaining days ! So, no need to be awkward living here .We could split the rent at the end of the month. "
Kiara was too excited to say anything. She smiled and showed her thumb , signalling her willingness. Olive hugged her and said ,"Welcome to Delhi !". Kiara had never felt this happy before.