Chapter 5

Rin went along with for a while, not wanting to wake anyone else up. Once outside, she yanked her arm from Hanji's iron grip.

"What is it now, Hanji?" Rin said, crossing her arms. Hanji looked confused for a moment, before smiling.

"Just wanted to say hi!" she said, before darting off, mumbling something about Titans. Rin stared.

"She drags me out here to say hi!?" Rin muttered, her eyes half-lidded with tiredness. She chewed her tongue a bit, before entering the cabin once more. Eren moaned something about snow, and rolled over. Rin collapsed on her place, and closed her eyes.

"GET THE HELL UP, LADIES!!! GO, GO, GO!!!" Came Commander Keith's voice, screaming and the trainees to wake up.

Eren was already tugging on his boots, frantically pulling at them. Armin was over-enthusiastic, and fell over. Rin watched the whole thing, resisting the urge to face-palm. Boys are idiots... she thought in disdain.

A while later, Rin stepped out, walking over to the training area with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa.

"We're doing 3D Manuever Gear aptitude evaluation!" Eren murmured excitedly. "Those who can't stay upright are dismissed."

"There's no way in heck that I'm going to stay upright...." Armin sighed. Eren placed a supporting hand on his shoulder.

"You can do this!" he said. Armin grinned, appreciating the support from Eren. Mikasa stayed silent, a look of grim determination on her face.

"Must he scream all the time?" Rin asked, eyeing Keith, who was busy yelling at Connie, who had accidentally bumped right into him.

"I dunno." Eren answered, and they all circled around Keith, trying to avoid his line of vision.

"GET OVER HERE, WEAKLINGS!"

"We've failed..." Eren sighed, trudging over, with Mikasa, Armin, and Rin in tow. A while later, Rin was dangling from the ropes. swaying slightly, but mantaining her balance.

Rin glanced over, and her eyes widened slightly, lips thinning to a very thin line. Eren had fallen over. Jean was trying hard not to laugh, while Armin looked stunned.

Mikasa, meanwhile, was gazing at Eren with pity in her eyes. Rin sighed.

Today there was going to be another Jean vs Eren smackdown. And it probably wasn't going to be pretty.

A short while later, Rin chewed on her bread silently. Eren seemed out of it, green eyes staring at nothing.

Two slender fingers stretched towards Eren's face, and snapped together, causing Eren to twitch, eyes widening slightly, mouth stretching into an oval.

"Ah! Oh, um, sorry. What were you saying, Mikasa?" Eren hurriedly asked the black-haired girl. Mikasa's eyes furrowed, and her mouth twitched, but she continued to talk.

"Uh..hey..can I...um...have that...bread?" Sasha scooted next to Rin, nervously pointing at her food. Rin arched an eyebrow. She pushed the bread towards Sasha.

"Whatever. I'm not hungry anyways..." Rin muttered. Sasha grabbed it, kissed it, and took a bite.

Rin watched Sasha eat for a while, before standing up. She gathered everyone's plates and put them away. Armin decided to follow.

"How'd it go with Eren?" Rin asked, flopping down onto a wooden table. Armin sighed, then winced, as if the memory hurt him physically and mentally.

"Terribly. Even when we gave him the best advice we could manage, he still flipped over. And, well, I think he's gonna have a head-ache for a couple of weeks..." Armin groaned, hitting his head gently against the table. A dull thud was heard, and Armin sighed. "It's my fault. I should've known it wouldn't end well..."

Rin resisted the urge to smack him on the head.

"Armin, it isn't your fault. It's...no one's so far. I'd just say that Eren isn't a natural, but he'll get it tomorrow. Besides, you got good marks. You would not get kicked out or anything." Rin said, bending over on the table. Rin and Armin talked for a while, the discussion slowly moving to the outside world.

"Hey, Eren! How could you stand that? Humiliating yourself in public like that!"

Jean.

Armin stood up, eyes flashing with worry. Rin stood up too, but only to observe what would happen.

"Shut up, Jean!" Eren angrily said, slamming his arm heavily onto his table. Armin tensed. Another fight, and if Eren got injured, it would be the last.

"No, no, no. I'm serious. Tell  me your secret! How could you survive?!" Jean laughed, pushing a worried Marco back.

"Jean, I'm warning you! Shut. Up!" Eren's voice grew furious. Rin this time walked straight over to the two.

"Calm down. The intructor will come by anytime soon, and if he catched both of you bickering like idiots, it'll be the end of us all." Rin said, raising her voice ever so slightly. Eren got the message, but Jean didn't calm down.

"C'mon, Eren! Tell me!" Jean adopted a whiny, high-pitched voice that was no better than his taunting. Eren finally stood up, feet making dull thuds on the floor. He approached Jean, and swung heavily at his head.

A full fight broke out. Jean was had kicked Eren's stomach, and the latter had punched Jean's jaw. Armin was shouting at them to stop, Marco was trying to get order into the crowd, and Rin and Mikasa were already approaching the two fighting teenagers.

"Stupid, stupid. Why don't you ever learn..." Rin said, grabbing Jean and hoisting him over her shoulder. He flailed, embarrassed, as did Eren, who was getting carried away by Mikasa.

She dropped Jean unceremoniously onto the ground.

"Don't pick a fight with Eren like that. Do that in training. We are doing hand-to-hand combat tomorrow in the afternoon. Maybe both of you can bicker and trade insults there." Rin said sharply, twisting around and walking away.

She caught up with Eren and Mikasa, and Armin apparently had too.

"Eren! Stop getting into fights with Jean! He's not worth it!" Armin said hotly, stamping his foot on the ground. Eren shook his head, dark hair flying all over his head.

"Nope. As long as that stupid son of a Titan still exists, I'm not going to stop." He said firmly. Mikasa frowned, but said nothing. Rin tilted her head back, wanting to whack the apparent obvious into Eren.

"Eren. Tomorrow. Hand-to-hand combat. Jean. Piece it together." she said. Eren thought about it for a while, then lit up.

"I know! I can scuffle with Jean tomorrow!" he exclaimed brightly. "I can't believe I came up with that."

Armin managed to keep in his laughter, while Rin resisted the very strong urge to face-palm.

"C'mon Mikasa! I want to see the instructor catch Sasha eating from the kitchen!" Eren exclaimed. Rin politely refused, but was dragged along anyway.

EHHHHHHHH. There. There's the crappy fifth chapter. HAPPY?! EHHHHHH! SO MACH PRESSURE! NUUUu! I have issues. Gah, so much on mind. But still, have the chapter. Retreats to writing lair to procastinate.