[1]

A/N: I changed Reader's club to mixed martial arts instead of wrestling because I felt it fit the next part better. Hope no one is too terribly upset. I also changed the POV to second.

You palmed the pack of cigarettes and the Zippo lighter in your pockets as you turned the corner. School hadn't even begun this morning and you already felt the need to light up. People were particularly insufferable this morning, hence why you scurried around to the secluded areas behind your Tokyo school, Seido's, academic building with your hands buried into your uniform blazer's pockets. Most people wouldn't dare bother you with the darkened expression you wore, but you still concluded that last thing you needed to deal with at the moment was to be turned in for something like this. After all, you didn't want to be kicked off the MMA team. You liked the club for the sole reason that you were allowed to beat people up, within the limits of course.

Finding a decent spot in the shade of a large tree out near the sports fields, you leaned against it and sighed deeply. Fishing your pack out, you placed a single cancer stick between your lips and replaced the rest as you pulled your beloved lighter out with your other hand. Lighting the end, you took a long drag, letting the smoke coat your lungs and throat. Exhaling deeply, you closed your eyes and leaned the back of your head against the tree supporting your weight.

Breathe in from the cigarette, exhale the smoke. Over and over you repeated the actions until the nicotine relaxed your muscles and cleared your mind of all the idiots you have to put up with until you graduated at the end of this school year.

The thought crossed your mind to skip your first class and finish the rest of the smokes in your pack. You stamped out the butt of your cigarette, and reached for your pockets again. Just as you were about to light the end of another cigarette, you noticed something odd.

You looked at the building nearest to you. If you weren't mistaken, it was the baseball club's indoor practice area. You glanced at your watch. Now was the time they were usually at morning practice. Which is why you heard a bat rhythmically smacking a ball. That was normal. The strange thing was that you only heard a single bat. Wasn't there like over fifty people in the baseball club?

You closed the lid on your Zippo as curiosity overcame you. Sliding the unlit cigarette back into your pocket, you meandered over to the open door. Peeking inside, you saw two small teen males inside. They looked to be related due to their small stature and pink hair. One was sitting on a crate as he tossed baseballs from the crate next to his impromptu seat. The other was swinging a bat at the tossed balls, hitting them into a large green net. You recognized the sitting boy as your slightly-sadistic classmate, Kominato Ryosuke. You scowled. You had only one interaction with the elder brother, and there seemed to have been an unspoken communication between you two to not irritate the other's existence.

You watched as Kominato seemed to say something scathing toward the other boy, whose shoulders slumped. Kominato stood up and walked past the other boy, not even bothering with uttering a farewell. You watched Kominato exit the door opposite of your own. The younger boy simply stood still and stared at the ground. Obviously he looked up to the teen who had left, which is why he looked so hurt by a few words from Kominato. You debated with yourself on bothering who was obviously Kominato's younger brother. For some reason, you had an itch in the back of your mind, telling you to go pick on the younger boy. After all, you and Kominato only had an unspoken agreement to avoid each other. This boy was fair game. A wicked smirk spread across your face as you stuffed your hands into your trouser pockets and approached the boy.

"Oi, you really suck so badly that you drove him off?" You watched in amusement as the teen flinched. The younger Kominato turned to face you and you were surprised that the boy's bangs completely covered his eyes. You blinked as you watched the shorter boy's lips pull into a thin line. You could practically feel the little glare he was giving you. It reminded you of the other Kominato, except there was nothing spine-tingling about this boy's look. It only made your smirk widen as you leaned forward and continued to mock him, "What, you look like you ruined your hero's career. He did look a little upset when he left earlier."