[3]

You yawned and cracked your neck as you leaned against the counter of the little cafe you worked in. It was a little before nine o'clock Sunday morning and you were already several hours into your shift, your mandatory break drawing near. There were only a few people opting to head inside the little cafe, leaving plenty of time for your mind to idle. You knew you shouldn't have stayed up so late last night, but inspiration had hit you and you needed to get it onto paper. Your eyes drooped as you began to regret opting to take the early shift on your club's rest day. Well, at least your shift ended at one in the afternoon.

The minutes ticked by as patrons came and went. Glancing up at the clock on the wall, you let a small smile grace your lips. Almost break time and there were no new customers. Deeming it safe, you began to prepare your own pot of coffee. You were gonna need it to get through the rest of your shift. Just in time, you finished preparing your coffee and took off your apron. Your boss took over the register and you grabbed your coffee, walking over to an empty corner table near the window.

Glancing outside you saw your boss' kid walk past the window before entering the cafe and walking upstairs after tossing a greeting at the man at the counter. On second thought, you weren't sure if the second-year was your boss' son or his nephew. Knowing your chatty boss, he had probably told you, but it really wasn't like you to pay attention to adults, so meh.

You sipped from your steaming to-go cup, feeling the tension in your shoulders relax bit by bit. Sinking into your chair, you turned your attention back to the bright day outside, before you saw someone sit across from you. You scowled at the audacity of the person to disturb your peaceful break. There were plenty of other empty tables, but this fucker decided to wreck your day instead. You scowled, turning to the idiot across from you, ready to wreck their day in return, but you stopped short at the face that greeted you from across the table.

It was the marshmallow boy. He had a small nervous smile on his face as he greeted you. Was he trying to make friends with you? After he stole your jacket? You scowled darkly at him, making him visibly flinch, before looking out the window as you sipped your coffee, ignoring his blubbering voice as you tried to salvage what calm you still had. You focused in on your large coffee cup. You were about one-third the way through. But you felt it was lacking something. You closed your eyes and thought about your coffee before it hit you. Your eyes snapped open and you set your cup down onto the tabletop as you slid out of your seat and walked into the back of the café.

---

Haruichi's face fell as you brusquely stood from the table and walked behind the counter, disappearing from his sight as you turned into the kitchen. You had completely ignored him as he attempted to apologize and explain why you had caught him going through your duffle yesterday. He had subtly asked around last night to find out where you would be today and found out that you worked here, along with many questions from his worried friends as to why he was looking for the delinquent. He heard many rumors about you being in a local gang, you being a drug dealer, and many other nefarious rumors. Despite being terrified, his conscious still compelled him to apologize, which was why he packed your jacket into his bag and walked here this morning to return it.

And you had blown him off. Were you really so angry he had taken it for Sawamura? Or did you just not care? Haruichi stared despondent at his hands resting on the tabletop as he recalled the rumors about your temper. You hadn't really struck him as being as savage as the rumors implied when you helped him practice and when you confronted him on the soccer field. Mean and a bit of a tease, sure, but your friends seemed to fit the rumors about you better. Sure, you looked scary but he thought you'd at least hear him out, maybe make a nasty comment or two, not up and leave in the middle of his apology.