Interlude, Part 1

On a hill overlooking Fort Meridian, Ashton Luke Damien stood tall and strong. He stuffed his hands into his torn jeans and let a deep sigh escape his lips. His forehead was wrinkled in thought and slight frustration as he looked on ward at the nearly impenetrable fort. Sweat ran down his back and into his thin black shirt. Slowly he began to walk along the perimeter of the fort, his black converse picking up dirt and debris in the thick grass. As he analyzed the layout of the building he noticed a weak point, exactly what he was here for.

As the wind tousled his black hair an idea formed in his head. He knew he'd have to convince some thugs to help him out, he knew that this was in no way a one man job. Then he felt the air by his cheek get cut as a bullet flew past him and a loud crack fill the air. He didn't even flinch, he had no reason to, it was a warning shot after all. He felt a trickle a blood race down his cheek from the thin cut that had been made by the bullet.             

Then he turned around and began to walk away. He had all the information he needed. How secure the fort was, how strict the guards were when it came to security and of course, its weak point...