Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15- She's Completely Crazy (Connor's Perspective)

I was currently feeling stressed internally as I smiled and mingled with men externally. As per usual in more recent years during the summer months, my father hosted quite a few early dinner parties at his place. Jonathan had added on an entertainment space in his backyard that included a bar, a pool, a few cabanas and a grill he was extremely fond of. Although most months were fairly hot in Florida, meaning there was usually good enough weather to host these, the summer months were probably some of the slowest months for us at the office, considering that's when all of our newest models were already completely finalized and the main concern was sales.

Of course, sales indeed were very important, but once we'd crafted a great automobile and gave the stamp of approval to the marketing team, it was then up to the people to buy the product.

This slowdown during the summer was the main reason why this was the time I was focusing on my pitch for Japan. Which was the exact reason I was feeling stressed. With Greyson having set me back, I definitely wasn't paying enough attention to what I needed to do. Although I generally didn't mind coming to Jonathan's dinners, I truly had more important things I wanted to spend my time on.

"Oh yes, of course," I had smiled to the man I was speaking to. Anderson. He was someone I had now known for a long while, yet never completely trusted.

Thinking about how Greyson had set me back, it should be mentioned that after our trip to Spain, I was pleasantly surprised to find that we were finally starting to come to equal grounds. She seemed to be more understanding of my need for space and silence while I worked, and she would do her work elsewhere when she couldn't stay quiet any longer.

Greyson was also actually doing work. It was probably incredibly messed up on my end, but I had given her some files from a few years back to look at and mess around with. So far she had done every single one of them wrong. I could tell that after a few she was starting to give up on them. Even still, she would never ask for help, so I let her be.

With how much less of a pain she was being, I also tried to be more understanding toward her. I started to give her some time to talk about whatever she wanted, something she enjoyed way too much of, and I'd occasionally get lunch with her. I really disliked it, since I usually sat down with Sam and got updates from her and the rundown of my schedule, but I figured I could spare a few times out of my week.

Peter had come now, wearing pink dress shorts paired with a white button up and white loafers. It was very like him to do a pairing like this. "Hello Mr. Anderson," He extended his arm to shake his hand, now standing between us, "Connor," He turned toward me to shake my hand with a firm grip as well.

Although we had never spoken about the incident between us, we were currently on good terms. I assumed that he, like myself, had decided to just drop the matter altogether. This was the best thing that could have happened in my opinion.

It was still early on in the party, so not many people were around. I was still on my first bottle of beer, not in any rush, knowing that Adam would soon show up with some drink that would have an unnecessarily high alcohol content.

About an hour later, the party was in full effect. People were sitting under the cabanas, others were in the pool, and it all seemed laid back and relaxed. My mind was still racing, so I was texting Sam every once in a while to have her see to some of my business.

"I don't even think you realize how much you getting this deal and then becoming the CEO will suck, Connor," Adam was saying, clearly a bit intoxicated already. He was still the same Adam I met in college. Loved to drink and party, yet still so smart that he maintained an almost perfect GPA. Or in this case, out of college, smart enough to do his job well.