Chapter 24

Beth's POV••
Oh my god... he just asked me to marry him. If only I could respond. I can't move. I can't talk. I can't do anything but lay on the gurney and watch the love of my life cry. I didn't think out of body experiences were even possible. I guess I thought wrong since I'm having one right now... I can't believe this is happening. I want to wake up. I want to wrap my arms around him and say,"yes!" But.... I can't. I can't do anything. I can't tell him my answer. I have to leave him wondering. I have to leave him stuck in pain while I'm in a coma or whatever this is. I can't believe she did this to me. That. Bitch. She's ruined my life more than once now. I will get revenge. I promise.

Hayes POV••

As I sat in the ambulance, crying my eyes out, I wondered what she would say. If she.... If she got a chance... I can't let her die. I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with her. Have babies. Make breakfast lunch and dinner for her everyday. Make her happier than she's ever been before. But if she.... passes... none of that will happen... I will never be the same. I would probably commit suicide.. I never thought I'd say that, but if she... died... well, I just can't live without her. God, this is all my fault. That stupid Caitlyn. Why does she have to do this. Why does she ruin everyone's lives. Why. I'm just glad she's in jail or prison or whatever she's in now.
The ambulance came to a stop and the paramedics opened the doors. I quickly got out as they took the gurney out of the back. I wiped my tears as they ran her into the hospital. I followed in, but at a certain point they stopped me. "No, you don't understand. That is my fiancée. I need to see her. I need to make sure she's okay!" "I'm sorry sir, but we can't let you go back there," the nurse said as nicely as possible. "Please. I'll do anything!" "Sir, please take a seat." "NO!" I yelled, tears running down my face. I kneeled down, not able to stand any longer. I was getting many stares, but I didn't care. At this point, I just want my baby to be okay.