Chapter 1: Thoughts

" Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. "
- Dr. Seuss

Shrimp's POV

I feel as if i'm all alone. There's no reason to live. My mom is gone. She was the only thing i had and someone took her from me.I lost my soul. I dont care about anyone or anything anymore. My dad has been acting very strange since the incident. He touches me weird and talks to me strange. Now that my mom is gone, i have no one to buy me cloths or shoes. My grandma sends a few dollars from here and than but my dad spends it on his drug money. Pretty soon i have to get a job. My friends at school don't hang around me anymore because i can't dress like them. My teachers at school judges me because i can't read or think like the other kids.
My mom always told me if i replace negative thoughts with positive ones, i will have positive results. She always gave me good advice about how to handle life situations . Now that shes gone theres no one to depend on except my best friend Taniyah. My bestfriend has always been there for me , through thick and thin . She doesn't judge my family or the way i look or dress .She makes sure im straight and have a smile on my face. When times get ruff i know she will be there every step of the way.

Taniyah POV
Im grown, and i could do what i want i don't care what no police tell me. I didn't choose to be this way, god just had other plans for me.I been all alone since i was 14. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. My auntie went to work, and when she came back she told me she had to leave right away. She told me she did something very terrible and she had to leave town and that she would be right back. She never came back . She left me with her dirty money, the paid off house and told me to do what i do best. That's prostituting. Yeah , I've been popping pussy since i was 14. Learned every skill i know from my aunt. So what if i'm 16 , i have a house and a job and a splat so that makes me grown. All i have is my bestfriend shrimp.

( black car pulls up in the drive way and taniyah
phone rings ) ......