1 Being somebody

Samuel and Arthur

When recording this story it has been
the intent of each person to store more than just information from the past and from their own experience. Accepting that the capacity to recall everything, is by its nature improbable, room has been left for the future and present too ;glassfullness the essence, setting out to accomodate as time allows, the experiences of self and others. Additional limitations,  considered are the mind's capacity to process and the time given to communicate wishes. These observations themselves shed further light on a crucial issue; by what authority did the events take place. Through precedent or prophecy, divine or human, natural or supernatural, or simply editorial licence. The matter of recording patterns and their motives fell to who ? And who took notice? It is a fact, that each moment, a breathe provides a person with power for unconscious actions. But even conscious acts of sustainability, are rarely noticed and accounted for. Seldom are the words that accompany the venting of wind given the value of the air dispensed. However, somebody does eventually decide on the body of works' road to creation, even as the foundation is prepared.

The capturing of something other than the author whether material, liquid, mortal or immortal. A version of rock, paper, scissors with the challenge to decide whose resources will be used and by which rhythm ? Where is the source of the generative power ? Is the outcome to be interpreted or is there an imperative for precision? Is it possible for the exact words to be found with the constraints that are in place? Or may some predictive algorithm intervene to make its own amends? Who or what translates, interprets and constructs the lexicon or language ? A mystery tour of magic or a forensic record of due diligence.

Samuel had over a period of time come to see that his dad's words made people think. The author rightness of eloquence evolving, as an, art, craft and science that adults could choose to adopt and adapt. So why could a child not begin to rely upon the authority of their father's words. Ones often to be repeated. So it was when dad said 'Our Father though art good' he understood that his dad knew there was someone bigger than himself, eternaĺly present, that could be relied upon for goodness sake. "If I can depend upon dad's words, then dad can depend on another's" he reasoned. That would be be fine for both of us, he chuckled contented. Pondering whether there was a uniqueness to his thought production and it's liberty in presentation. As an author of his own words ? Did that make him a somebody ? A somebody, a unique person and not just an anybody. A resonant individual celebrating himself. Freed from any mold of forced creation.

Arthurity was dependent on the orthopraxis that Arthur, Samuel's father had learnt from reading Friere's examination in the Pedagogy of the Oppressed. On a learning journey in search of clarity admist corruption with its peddlaring of data, knowledge, information, understanding and wisdom, deliberately designed to change the narrative. Flexipraxis was a sense of change as you would like to see it. Resonant with a Celtic discourse on a goose or a dove and the wilder days. Orthodoxy, dogma, spirit and truth competing for an audience. Tension points of community and protest. The power of the powerless. A deliberate conversation with the glocality. But in whose name? And with whose alphabet and code ? Scripted, moulded of freely expressed. It troubled Arthur that he would somehow limit Samuel's development. That a unique voice would be subverted by the dissonance of a reluctance to imagine and create. That the author's pen would not freely move with rhythm of writer's heart. That a body would be restrained.

There was a clear irony that Arthur now thought that authority was hard to find, though he still felt it was right for him to look for it. It was this simple understanding that had set him on the path of rebuilding from his home outwards. What he quickly came to call his temple mentality. Though he was able alter the record rather than be altar eyed. The construction to of a light house,  stable place with secure foundations.

Arthur wondered how often he would spend just observing the world. His previous denomination had encouraged him to claim the domain of authority placed before him, but his conscience restrained him not to wish for more than reason or circumstances would be prepared to give. Tempting though it was to be enticed by magical thinking, he was reluctant to cast a dice for luck. The dissonance of risking the future, of even a day, was too much when the pain of the journey recorded so far was taken into account. He recognised the parameters could be controlled easier when local, whereas national or international issues were harder to contain. Realms of presumption and assumption were not to be readily breached by Arthur. Dreams of a round table, elusive even with an edge towards it. Pondering Augustine's thoughts on time encouraged living in moments of expectation, attention and memory. Arthur's disgust with general cultural expectations definitely kept his attention and memory in fine tune though not necessarily in harmony. More than going back to Baxter basics. Or reliving a misery that Mozart' s scripting of Allegri's Miseri resonates; an early example of fine focus and a select response to access. As with Emett Till's lynching. A closed mind opening a dynamic that creates the instability and distress. Whose media would communicated the message? How was it then to be examined ? By mirror , expression, report or standard ? In anticipation of a storm. Resilience is not a preventer of abuse. Recovering from Katrina. At an ex-Treme. The band plays on with all its jazz. In a tale of places and spaces, there are echoes of the city, a person, an institution and a distant structure. Who was in and who was out ? When were we not in it together. A reformal response. Who is the form-er, in-former ? Viability without visibility. Balkanised, uniquely stated or corrupted. Climate language that identifies the fronts, and isolates bars of pressure. Seeing how the big boys function reveals the endemic charade of institutional sexism. More than a race to the border. Personal operating systems or techno humanity. Interpreting for whose benefit ? With what loci of viability. Personalised Space coding. Posable - positivity. No child left behind, yet no equal starting line. The story of the present, past and future with intensity of each. The politics of the moment captured by each individual. The personal as political. Playing the detective, when abuse is involved, recommends its own ABC of assuming and believing nothing, while checking everything.

All was dependent on the integrity of his action, expecting no pretence from himself. A name being a name, and making it no more. Relying on no empty forces. Simply trusting a unique path to embody and achieve a purpose of something genuine.

A sanctuary for personal vitality and community, the compassion net for security, safety, guardianship and duty of care.

Arthur knew it was time to take a deep breathe, give himself and others breathing space. Time to sense his place and space. Begin to create mutually agreed paths and profiles (MAPs), together. Sense the love he had and the stand he took. A unique creation and unique creators. Bearers of lightness, stability makers.

With first two storeys grounded we have Arthur and Samuel touching base and in touch with each other.