2 Body language

Sophie and the family

The challenge for Sophie had always community development; identifying the commonality and pace of change that would determine the transactions and exchanges of a sustainable future. Would it be graphic, shaped with sketched note taking ? Or seriously pictured and captured. A peace at a pace in whose time. A collation of desires, demands, judgements and deaths considered on a peacemaker's slippery slope. A new reality pedagogy, as a way to resolve discontent. Balance of internal and external rewards. Beyond a duality mindset, releasing each persona. Working under restraint, fear of failure and people's expectations or liberated by a new tomorrow. A virtual classroom, home and ward. Starting from exactly where they were. They, being them as the Nunn family, her , Arthur and Samuel. So what opportunities did they have to tell their own story? Did they really want people to know why they now lived in this part of town ? On reflection she pondered whether she also really understood where Arthur, Samuel and herself we're in all this.

She had in previous years chosen to journal her thoughts, but these times seemed very hard to capture simply in words. Words that themselves had failed to last the test of time. Was it possible to create a new language beyond the restrictions of the present alphabet ? Or did she need to back off and be prepared to engage each person with the narrative that they presented ? It would appear she had to have the sense to creatively draw out the essence of each person's position.

Arthur was not that far from reaching a conclusion that resonated with his wife. He knew that he needed to gradually unwind his body. Then in time the essence of his story would gently reveal itself with a rhythm that would healthy to himself and his family. He sensed a tension in his forehead, surrendering itself. A twisting of the muscles, as they gave up the burden they had stored. There was fear in him that if he was not careful the unravelling would become too much. Despite that he was convinced that this was the way to go. His breathing began to shallow. He became conscious of the the air travelling through is nostrils. His mind centring upon the cryptic language his body was beginning to share. A language that he had over the years subjected to discernment of his mind. Clearly there was a dissonance in rhythm. An irritation had started to build. Was this to be time wasted or was a body of work actually being created.

Samuel knew that his parents were facing a very serious period in their lives. His mum and dad often spoke, recently, with quiet droning voices. Every word given a depth of thought, recognising the potential impact of its reception. Sam took time to listen, treasuring what they said, as well chosen gifts designed to guide his future. He was anxious about what was to come next, but knew and understood that they made choices with his interests at heart. His mind generally centred on a day at a time and rarely ventured towards anticipating weeks or months ahead.

Were they a tribe themselves or creation of their own ? Had they discovered a unique spirit that by its nature prevented dominance and colonial mentality. It would be easy to fall in to an exceptionalist's trap. Embody pretence, deny pain, manufacture a false positivity. However, that was never the essence of the Nunn family. Genuine contact with themselves and others was a key part of their being. A clear acceptance that institutional, structural and personal depression were common features of a modern community landscape. The time for depths of understanding were imperative. Time together for the Nunn's was always time well spent.

A third storey evolving.