3 Duty of care

Restville

The paperwork for safeguarding required documentation of the door keepers, key holders, polis - makers. Opening, closing and disclosing. Protective not restrictive behaviours. Who were to the record keepers ? How can were moments be confirmed ? A resonant journey with poverty, deficit and pain. Keeping and finding the document trail. Encrypting and unburying. Genuine contact, connection and communication towards consolidation and engagement or manufactured to tick the boxes and comfort the authorities. Finding the time to allow people to be exactly who they are.

It was quite a revelation when Arthur recognised the virtual ghetto he had been assigned. The burden of reality was choosing not to deny anything with a measure of magic thinking or destruction. Gradually recognising that the lived reality was known to have been been ignored and caution was imposed for choosing to present their case. Arthur was clear that he was going to oppose any attempt to conflate or dilute a person's story. In addition, every effort was to be made towards the person expressing themself in their own unique way. Arthur was not going to force any issue, each development to be handled with a duty and care of due diligence. The essence of community and individuality the key vitality. The media of record being as spontaneous as the media of expression. As previously confirmed the Nunn's were genuine custodians of disclosure and curators of the legacy of generations. Estrangement had become the space from which they were challenged to form a new community. No strangers to rejection and exclusion they started to prepare the ground for those they knew would come to find a home with them. Guardians of an open table, giving themselves to venture into the unknown.

The Nunn's move to Restville was ironically rooted in restlessness. It was a mutually agreed position for them to relocate and attempt to recalibrate. Being ejected and rejected was one appearance. Stage managed resolution another. It was going to take time for each of them to fully understand the reality of their lived experience.
The fourth storey is introduced.