DECEMBER 18

DECEMBER 18-
18:13

"We should've put up the tree right after Thanksgiving," Mingyu complained

"We were out shopping that Friday, remember?" Wonwoo said as he started setting up the tree.

"We were?" Mingyu handed Wonwoo the second part of the tree.

"Yeah, we bought... What did we buy again?" Wonwoo struggled to remember.

Mingyu shrugged. "I didn't even know we went shopping."

"I clearly remember standing in the lines," Wonwoo mused out loud. "What did we buy?"

"You'll probably remember later," Mingyu assured.

"That's true," Wonwoo agreed.

"Plus, knowing you, it was probably beanies," Mingyu chuckled.

"Hey!" Wonwoo protested. "That's not the only thing I buy!"

"Yeah, you also buy fake glasses. I forgot about that," Mingyu pointed at his eyes. "You don't even need glasses."

"It's called a fashion statement," Wonwoo pouted. "I don't need this. Let's just finish putting up the tree."

On normal occasions, Wonwoo would have put up the small, plastic Christmas tree that he bought a couple years ago; however, since this was his very first Christmas with Mingyu, he wanted it to be special. That, and the fact that Wonwoo couldn't recall any of the past Christmas days he celebrated. Then again, anything Wonwoo did with Mingyu was special because it was always Mingyu that made it special, not Wonwoo's efforts.

Red tinsel decorated the apartment walls and floors while green tinsel was wrapped around Mingyu's legs and arms, a clump of the end of the tinsel placed precariously on the top of Mingyu's head. Wonwoo, who was working on making sure the six foot fake tree didn't fall for the umpteenth time, turned to see his love wrapped up in the tinsel, which was weird because one second Mingyu was helping him hold the tree up and the next he was all tied up in his own world.

"What did you do?" Wonwoo asked.

"Don't start with me, Wonwoo," Mingyu muttered as he tried to take off the tinsel.

"Don't take it off like that! The tinsel will rip," Wonwoo ran over to help Mingyu, causing him to let go of the tree.

Wonwoo didn't realize he was the one holding up the tree because he didn't realize he still had to attach the fourth leg of the tree. The two struggled to unwrap Mingyu from all the green tinsel, only to be toppled over by the six foot tree.

"Well, look on the bright side," Mingyu said as Wonwoo cussed in anger. "At least we didn't put the ornaments up yet."

Wonwoo glared at Mingyu before getting off of him; the tree made him fall right on top of him. He brushed himself off, Mingyu pushing himself up to his knees. He grabbed the fourth leg of the tree and said, "You might need this."

Although Wonwoo already had narrow eyes, his eyes squinted further as he snatched the leg from Mingyu. He angrily placed the leg on the base of the tree, stood the tree upright, and huffed off into the kitchen. Mingyu continued unwrapping himself from the tinsel as he watched Wonwoo storm away. It surprised Mingyu, however, when Wonwoo returned with a smile on his face. Despite the fact that there was a smile on Wonwoo's face, the air suddenly got heavy and ominous, and Mingyu eye's widened.

"No," Mingyu ran for the kitchen, but Wonwoo caught him before he could escape.

"I don't know what you're going to do, but I do not want to be part of it," Mingyu shrieked as Wonwoo dragged him over to the tree.

Mingyu was right: he did not want to be part of Wonwoo's sudden idea. Wonwoo tied Mingyu up with the tree and stood Mingyu in the corner of the living room where the tree was supposed to be. He dusted his hands and left the room, Mingyu still tied to the tree.

"Good night!" Wonwoo called as he went into the bedroom.

Mingyu stood there practically all night.