JANUARY 2

JANUARY 2-
2:33

"Did it really snow this much yesterday and the day before?" Wonwoo asked as he looked around at the snow covered grass.

"Well, that's January weather for you," Mingyu said as his teeth chattered.

The snow rose up to Wonwoo's knees, and the two had quite a bit of difficulty shoveling it all. Wonwoo wanted to go downtown and walk through the trees, but Mingyu made them shovel the sidewalk first because it was their duty as people who lived in the apartment complex. Wonwoo may have complained many, many times over the period of the two shoveling the sidewalk, but he did it anyways because Mingyu asked him to. He could see through the window the little daisy motivating him as another petal graced its way to the windowsill. Wonwoo rushed soon after.

It took them only twenty minutes, but to Wonwoo, it felt like forever. He was glad when Mingyu told him it was done and that they could go catch the train. Mingyu knew how to drive, but he didn't have a car, so they had to take the train to the city. Wonwoo didn't mind taking the train, though. He actually enjoyed it because that meant he could spend more time with Mingyu. That, and he was afraid of sitting in a car.

Wonwoo fell asleep during the train ride. He used Mingyu's shoulder as a pillow and slept. He felt Mingyu wake him up once they got to their stop, and they got down from the train. He rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes as they walked into the train station, Mingyu frowning as Wonwoo yawned for the umpteenth time.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "You've been starting to sleep a lot."

"Huh? Oh, yeah, it's just cold outside, so I feel sleepy," Wonwoo looked up at the taller boy and smiled.

Mingyu hesitantly nodded and looked in front of them, his hand holding Wonwoo's hand. Wonwoo felt Mingyu hold his hand a little tighter as they got through the crowd of people in the train station and got outside. They stood outside the station and by the curb, the two of them looking out into the city. They stood motionless for just a little before Mingyu turned to Wonwoo and asked, "Did you want to walk?"

Wonwoo was more than grateful to agree. Mingyu knew that Wonwoo didn't like cars because Wonwoo told him once. They walked in the direction of the scenery and trees by the lake, their jackets closing in as much body warmth as possible as the wind whistled around their thin arms and legs. The cold got to be too much for Wonwoo, and Mingyu found himself wrapping his scarf around Wonwoo's neck as well as putting both their hoods up.

The wind got stronger, and the air got colder. Dark grey clouds loomed over the city, and Wonwoo thought it was going to rain. He thought it was going to rain, but it started snowing instead. Wonwoo was happy it was snowing; he liked the snow. However, the snow just dumped out over the city and it was impossible to even move. Mingyu and Wonwoo ran to take shelter at a local coffee shop. They dusted the remaining snow off of them as the snow continued to cover the city.

"Did you know it was going to snow?" Wonwoo asked Mingyu.

"No, but I do know that you're over the moon right now," Mingyu nodded as Wonwoo nodded as well.

Wonwoo was happy for about three minutes. After they spent three minutes in the shop, the snow stopped, and the sky cleared up again. Wonwoo was both amused and irritated. What kind of snow storm lasted three whole minutes? Mingyu, who had been standing in the line to buy popcorn, returned to see a frowning Wonwoo. He shoved some popcorn in his mouth as he said, "Wow, the snow stopped that fast."

"Don't eat with your mouth open," Wonwoo's nose curled in disgust as he closed Mingyu's mouth.

The two ended up leaving the shop, Mingyu munching happily on his popcorn as Wonwoo looked around at the trees and the sidewalks. It had snowed pretty heavily, but none of the snow from just them seemed to stick to the sidewalks or to the trees. It was almost as if it hadn't snowed, but it did.