Say what?!

"what are you doing here" she asks as soon as she sits down.

I roll my eyes " picking you up. Duh!" she looks irritated but nods her head anyway. What's wrong with her? Did I say something?

" what is it?" I sigh at last, raising an eyebrow in her direction. Since we got in the car cleo hasn't stopped staring at me... Wow, i knew my hair was bad but really?

" so now you're talking to me?" she asks slightly bitter but mostly sounding hurt.

" I'm so sorry." I gasp realising what she was talking about. She nods again but doesn't reply. " I swear i never meant to, I was just going through so much cleo. I swear, it won't happen again. "

she grumbles but then sighs, eyes watering ever so slightly. " its just, i was kind of scared you were gonna be like that forever. You really scared me.." I feel guilt well up inside of me- I always upset people without meaning to. I somehow forgot that I haven't spoke to cleo properly in the past two weeks. With what's been going on being such a huge emotional strain on my mind I had blocked her out a little... A lot.

' you should have just told her what was going on.' For once, I agree with the voice in my head. Maybe I should tell her why I was so upset, or should I keep it in the past?

The voice in my head snorts. 'past? You only got over it this morning!'

Well thanks captain obvious for bringing me down, again. I think back in anger... I really am going crazy!

" are you really okay? You were acting so depressed and- are you sure your okay now?" Cleo checks, biting her lip in worry as though she's handling a fragile doll. I can't help the tears that brim my eyes at the realisation of how my mood effected her so much. I'm a bad friend. I shouldn't have kept it a secret from her ; friends should trust and value eachother enough to share problems, right? Ugh, i sound like sharon!

"I- I'm so sorry cleo. I didn't realise... I should have told you. I shouldn't have kept it a secret."

"told me what?" I can't help realise the caution in her voice, maybe she doesn't want to know? I take a deep breath- I've started now ; when I start something it gets finished! I think as we pull into the school parking. Parking the car in a spot right outside the school, I turn towards cleo.

" Cleo, i think you deserve to know what's going on, as my best friend... Your practically my sister! And I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before. Cleo, I'm-"

" your pregnant!" I flinch at the loudness and a few heads turn our way.

"no cleo I'm not-Wait... What! You think I'm pregnant?! Why? Do I look like I'm pregnant to you?" I raise my eyebrows as she starts to bite her lip.

"well, uhh...." I sigh at this before I look her in the eye and start to explain the real explanation, ignoring the bell in the background.

"Cleo, around two weeks ago I found out sharon and pual, their not my real parents." Im surprised by how casual it sounds as I say it. It's as though the pain has finally subsided. I guess I'm getting emotionally stronger.

"so, your adopted?" I simply nod my head. " are you okay with it?" she asks concern lacing her voice. This is why I love cleo. She's not mad I didn't tell her, she doesn't want to be kept in the loop. She's just there when you need her most. I smile.

" I guess I wasn't. But, I realise I already have a family. We're not perfect, but we're us. And I wouldn't change that for the world...I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner cleo. I was just so worried. What does it say, if my own parents didn't want me?" I feel a tear slip down my face- I guess I'm not as strong as I thought.