Failed expectations

I'm a mean person. I know, I know. I am a rubbish updater...

Anywhoo- Here it is at last!

Thanks to everyone who waited so long (as usual... Again, sorry) and to my silent voters! Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Don't forget to press that vote button and comment (comments would be super; i need to improve my writing so need all your opinions!)

Now I've got to go and worry about my english test tomorrow morning. :/

Peace out! (random)

~~~~A / N ~~~~

I walk up to the receptionists desk, coughing to get the ladies attention. As she looks at me her brows furrow as though she doesn't understand what a teenager would be doing in front of her.

" may I help you?" her voice comes out squeaky, high-pitched and overall irritating.

Being sat behind the desk, her stomach isn't in view, however, she is expected to burst within the next month and trust me when I say this fact has done no good for her attitude. She is known to snap at unsuspecting students, which is why I'm glad I avoided her this morning when arriving late. She took hormones to a whole new level.

Sighing I reply but not before choosing my words carefully - I don't need to get myself in more trouble.

" can you tell the principal I've been sent to speak to him please" I say in my most innocent voice.

She raises her eyebrows into a comical position, the thin pencilled in lines arching into her stress lines. Don't get me wrong, she is pretty, but you could see that she was trying a little too hard to create an image other than the one her gigantic belly made.

" name and reason?" her voice was clipped as she looked me up and down. She clearly had a bad image of me already. OK, forget being innocent.

" sapphire green. I got sent here by my teacher, miss barley. " I reply in the same tone of voice.

"may I ask for the reason please. Again."

She looks at me for a moment.

" I had a disagreement and was asked to see the principal."

"well, don't just stand there. Go sit." she says exasperated as she realises I'm not going to elaborate.

I sit in the chair outside the office silently as I wait for the principal to speak to me.

'Well done sapphire- you've really done it now. You are so busted.'

I silently agree with my mind.

Tapping my nails on the wooden oak table in front of me I watch as the time slowly ticks by... How long is he going to take? It feels like I've been waiting for hours already! Do they not know it's rude to make people wait this long? Imagine, this was a serious matter and-

"come in miss green."

I jump in shock, snapped out of my questioning, before standing. At the door I hesitate, unsure if I truly want to face the raff of my head teacher, before I mentally kick myself. I'm sapphire green. I'm confident, uncaring and strong minded. I had changed too much since I found out I was adopted and Im not going to be that with-held again. I'm a survivor, not a susceptible wimp.

With that, I walk into the office head high...

Mr times sits, back straight, in his chair staring at my expectantly with his beady dark brown eyes.

"take a seat miss green."

He indicates to a chair beside the wall, clearly put there to make him look down on students such as myself. Intimidating or what? I sit in the seat as told and look him directly in the eye.