Chapter 1

"Angel I have something to tell you about your boyfriend." My friend Alice said to me over the phone

"What is it" I asked her knowing she will probably say something totally stupid to try and make me get so worried that I wont go on my date with mark.

"Ok so I found out that he is hiding something from you," She said

"And what might that be" I asked her trying so hard not to be sarcastic.

"Ok so Mark is some kind of paranormal freak." She said

"Yeah right... I'll believe that when I see it. " I heard the heavy sarcasm when I spoke. I wanted to take the words back but I couldn't. I heard my friend huff.

"Don't give me that sarcastic tone," Alice snapped. "I am not lying Angel I saw him at Wal-Mart today. He was there in the mirror isle."

"So" I could tell I put way to much sarcasm in that one word because Alice started going all off on me.

"Angel I know you don't believe me but I got proof that he isn't human!"

"Yeah and what might that be?" I asked starting to get annoyed.

"A picture that he's in mirror isle and if you look closely at the mirrors you don't see his reflection." She said in a voice that I've heard a thousand times before. The voice where she wont take no for an answer.

"Alice you really need to stop with all this paranormal crap. People are starting to think your crazy." I told her in the nicest way I could think of.

"Angel I can prove it to you." She said determined to make me believe.

"Alice can we talk about this after my date tomorrow? Please I need to get some sleep." I hung up before she had time to answer me.

That night, I dreamt that Mark and I were on our date and we were surrounded by mirrors, but ever time I glanced in the mirror there wasn't any reflection for Mark, it was just me. Then all of a sudden Mark pulled out a necklace and put it around my neck. The necklace was pure gold with a white heart shaped diamond. After he put the necklace on I glanced down at it, the diamond started glowing a bright red. I saw my eyes change from blue to white then back to blue. I went to go look in the mirror...

I woke up and saw is was 5:00 am. I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. After a while I gave up and just got up and paced back and forth for a few minutes before grabbing my phone and dialing Mark's number. I stopped myself from pressing call, not wanting to wake him up if he's asleep.

I set my phone down and went into my walk in closet and grabbed my pink zebra print tracksuit and my black sketchers. After I took a shower and had my clothes on, I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote a quick note.

I went for a jog and if you need me, I will have my phone turned on so just call me.

I wrote this note so my mom wouldn't freak out and call the police saying I ran away. She did that the last time I went for a jog and forgot to write a note. She made me go to some dumb ass therapy thing for a month.

After I put the note on the fridge I grabbed my earphones and plugged them into my phone. I turned my play list on before walking to the front door. I slowly eased the door open and the cool breeze hit my face. I slowly closed the door making sure not to make too much noise. Once I was out the door I walked toward the end of the driveway.

Once I was at where the drive way kissed the road I started jogging. When I was about halfway down the street I noticed a figure running toward me. I couldn't tell who it was but the build of the figure looked oddly familiar. I stopped in my tracks and watched the person. Once the Peron was close enough I could make out the face. It was Mark. I was surprised to see him this early in the morning. I have never seen him on this street this early.