The Diamond Ring

Nestled into the black satin, the ring sparkled in the dim light. The face was a narrow, diamond set with slanting rows of glittering round stones. The band was gold, delicate and narrow. The gold made a fragile web around the diamonds. He stood up, he inhaled deeply. He took my numb hand and slid the ring on my finger. I gasped, I looks up at him and he laughed.

"Not too shabby?" I shook my head and laughed. He took my hand once again, "so... Miss Stromes? Do you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" His eyes were watering, I stood on my tiptoes and put my mouth to his face so close that I could feel his body warmth. I giggled lightly.

"My answer?" He chuckled.

"Hm?"

"Is ye-"

19/04/14

In an instant my world came crashing down. We were so engrossed in our own world to realise a mob come in through the doors...

17/09/13

"Is ye-" There was a slight gap between us but as I said my answer Jake fell into me. I gripped him tightly by the neck and pushed him off me as if to get him back onto his feet. "Woah, Jake?" I felt some sort of liquid drip and slither down my back. It became harder to push him back vertically, he was getting much heavier. He wasn't speaking either, my speech quickened. I was worried, his face was buried into my shoulder. I called his name to which silence was my reply. I stumbled backwards and just collapsed under his weight. He dropped to his knees, and so did I. He was still leaning on me with all of his weight, I thrusted his head back one last time to see his face. It almost 'flopped' left as if he didn't have the power to hold itself upright. I felt my heart sink, my eyes widened when I saw the stream of blood emerging from his mouth. The bloodline was getting thicker and as it did I rapidly shook his lifeless head "Jake?!" I screamed, "JAKE?!" I clasped onto his head, his eyes were staring right at me! Soon the blood took over most of his face, my fingers holding the back of his head was been run over by a liquid. I let go of his head and held up my hands, blood. His head burrowed back into my neck again, my hands were covered in blood... How? I looked at the back of Jakes head to notice a gun shot wound....? He was shot in the head? By whom? I looked up towards the forming crowd of waiters, all gasping and muttering. I looked out to the front doors to notice them being slammed shut. Somebody had just left? Jakes murders perhaps? Whilst among these thoughts I was screaming and criing. I looked at his face one last time, the colour from his face had drained and his beautiful brown eyes had become soulless. Suddenly something dropped into my laps, I looked down... The ring encased in the box... My Diamond Ring. I screamed in agony, I felt his skin against my cheek. The prickle from his facial hairs made me look at him. Suddenly a waiter pulled him off me, I looked at his ghostly pale face. He was getting colder, I yearned for him. I put my arms out and demanded they return him to me. I was basked in his blood, his blood forming a puddle around me. I watched as they took him further and further from me...